Insider: Microsoft's "Anaconda" will be "more advanced" than "PlayStation 5"

Commissar SFLUFAN

I'm sure the original Xbox had some good exclusives. But I only had a PS2 at that time and it's hard to really go back and look for stuff at this point on a console I never experienced or had interest in at that time. I actually tried a few years ago, but nothing stuck. We still have the Xbox, but only a couple games, because I just couldn't get invested in stuff on it when I had no prior connection to it.

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They bought up all them studios so they could have exclusives next gen.

Though for you it doesn't matter how many awesome games they get you'll never get one anyway. :p

There are no real exclusives on Microsoft consoles anymore.  That ended with the pledge to bring all new games to PC.  You'll be able to play new Microsoft games on phones and tablets soon.  Or even Halo on Steam.

The whole point of buying more studios, IMO, was to bolster up Games Pass as a cross platform content-driven service.  Not to aim for making their consoles look more desirable than they already will be in specs, features, and price.

WEll. I don't think either will blow out either. I can see Microsoft continuing to want the more powerful system. It is going to take 4 years from today to talk about Microsoft exclusives. I wouldn't be surprised is Sony isn't holding back info. I agree that certain developers have both dev kits.

I expect MS will be pushing their new exclusives pretty hard when they show off their next console, but I also don't expect many of them to be too far along.

I'm interested to see how the X fairs after the release of Anaconda. Right now the difference for most games between the X and the S are relatively minor. They're slightly spruced up versions, but playing in the same ballpark. If we assume that games targeted at the Anaconda arrive looking like a real step above the current gen, how will those games compare on the X? I assume the we'll be seeing a lot of games released on all three platforms, and I wonder if the X will benefit from the targeting of the higher end specs, or if it will end up being kinda stuck in the middle.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Cool, I can’t wait to play their stellar lineup of exclusives....oh wait

With the acquisition of all the new studios over the past couple of years I would think that by the end of 2020 there will be a good number of exclusives coming to the xbox brand.

Also anyone coming over from the PS family can get signed up with game pass and instantly have a huge library of games to wade through.  

Looking forward to buying both consoles next generation. I'm very very excited as this will be the defining consoles for the future, meaning the games should be the main focus as hardware limitations will be small. Developers should have all the power they need then to lock in 60fps and make them as pretty as they can imagine! Next consoles should be amazing boxes, I'm excited to say the least!

18 hours ago, mikechorney said:

The Forza Horizon games are the best first party games from any of the console manufacturers.

That is a pretty funny statement. Sure it is fair to say they make good car games but a blanket statement like that covering all genres is so far from reality. That is about a true a statement as saying the Show is the best first party games from any console manufactures. That is not true but if I said best first party sports game then sure. Either way my take away is you really like Forza and you are locked in because of it.

4 hours ago, Rodimus said:

That is a pretty funny statement. Sure it is fair to say they make good car games but a blanket statement like that covering all genres is so far from reality. That is about a true a statement as saying the Show is the best first party games from any console manufactures. That is not true but if I said best first party sports game then sure. Either way my take away is you really like Forza and you are locked in because of it.

It's probably true to say that Playground makes the "best" driving/racing games (first party or not) -- and its not even close.

I don't believe "The Show" is regarded as the best sports game -- so I'll withhold comment.

My comment is more true than saying that MS doesn't have the "exclusives" -- which is the hyperbole I was reacting too.  

For the record, Forza Horizon 4 is my favourite game of all time, and I have no idea of what you mean by "locked-in".

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Why don't you actually put forth an argument for once? 

I didn't say MS doesn't have any exclusives. No one said that. 

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Doesn't matter how powerful it is. Microsoft just doesn't have the exclusives. That's why they'll never get my money. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

It's probably true to say that Playground makes the "best" driving/racing games (first party or not) -- and its not even close.

I don't believe "The Show" is regarded as the best sports game -- so I'll withhold comment.

My comment is more true than saying that MS doesn't have the "exclusives" -- which is the hyperbole I was reacting too.  

For the record, Forza Horizon 4 is my favourite game of all time, and I have no idea of what you mean by "locked-in".

All I meant was you like Forza that is obvious and my take away with your original statement. 

By locked in I meant that you seem to be the person that would buy a box because it plays Forza. So if you had to chose between two boxes one that plays forza and one that doesn't your choice is made.

Also I don't think there are any other 1st party sports games out there besides The Show. If I'm wrong then I can say that statement I made earlier about the Show was based on that thinking that it is the best simply because there are no other 1st party console exclusive sports games.

I agree I wish MS had more exclusives.

40 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

MS exclusives have never been a great strength, this isn't a minority opinion. 

29 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Why don't you actually put forth an argument for once? 

I didn't say MS doesn't have any exclusives. No one said that. 

18 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Do you do reading comprehension? Do you just cherry pick posts? I specifically said in a followup post that they've never been able to capture my interest with the exclusives they do have. I was clearly speaking for myself and my tastes.

You cannot be this dumb.

Ok then...  I'll bite.  I wasn't really going to engage, buy...

There is a strong argument to be made that MS exclusives were a strength in the 2013-2015 time period, when Sony studios had a relative dry period on PS4.  When MS had exclusives such as Forza 5,/6 Forza Horizon 2, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, State of Decay, etc.  They even had a solid 2016 (Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, Ori)

Have MS exclusives fallen off of a cliff in 2017/2018?  Yup.

What actually caused me to laugh when you wrote "MS exclusives have never been a strength, this isn't a minority opinion" was the X360 era -- particularly early on -- where there was actually a meme for the "PS3 having no games" relative to the X360.  

2 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

All I meant was you like Forza that is obvious and my take away with your original statement. 

By locked in I meant that you seem to be the person that would buy a box because it plays Forza. So if you had to chose between two boxes one that plays forza and one that doesn't your choice is made.

Also I don't think there are any other 1st party sports games out there besides The Show. If I'm wrong then I can say that statement I made earlier about the Show was based on that thinking that it is the best simply because there are no other 1st party console exclusive sports games.

I agree I wish MS had more exclusives.

I would buy a box to play Forza.  I would also buy a box to play Sony's exclusives.  Fortunately I don't have to choose.

13 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Ok then...  I'll bite.  I wasn't really going to engage, buy...

There is a strong argument to be made that MS exclusives were a strength in the 2013-2015 time period, when Sony studios had a relative dry period on PS4.  When MS had exclusives such as Forza 5,/6 Forza Horizon 2, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, State of Decay, etc.  They even had a solid 2016 (Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, Ori)

Have MS exclusives fallen off of a cliff in 2017/2018?  Yup.

What actually caused me to laugh when you wrote "MS exclusives have never been a strength, this isn't a minority opinion" was the X360 era -- particularly early on -- where there was actually a meme for the "PS3 having no games" relative to the X360.  

I would buy a box to play Forza.  I would also buy a box to play Sony's exclusives.  Fortunately I don't have to choose.

Dead Rising 4, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, and Ori are all on PC, though. That's why I don't consider MS to have a lot of true exclusives. If I can play it on PC, then there's no need for me to buy an Xbox. Hell, I own Ori and Quantum Break on PC, have for ages.

If I could play The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, etc. on PC, then I wouldn't bother with a Playstation, because they wouldn't be true Sony exclusives, either.

I do recall a period of the PS3 and PS4 being weak on their lineups. It's why I didn't buy either system right off the bat. But Xbox didn't do much to draw me in, either, because I've never cared about Halo, Forza, Gears, etc. 

So are you going to continue to make dumb posts and laugh at me for not buying an Xbox? If I can play damn near all their games on another platform, what reason do I have to own one? I'm not a MS hater, really. If they had the games I could only play on their system, I'd buy one. I don't have to choose one system and stick with it. But MS has to give me a reason to spend the money on their system and games are what it comes down to.

46 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

There is a strong argument to be made that MS exclusives were a strength in the 2013-2015 time period, when Sony studios had a relative dry period on PS4.  When MS had exclusives such as Forza 5,/6 Forza Horizon 2, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, State of Decay, etc. 

Honestly, it was Nintendo who was firing on all cylinders from 2013-2015 (MK8, XBX, Splatoon, DK:TF, SM3DW, Bayo 2, etc).  In spite of what the Wii U became, there was a narrative that it was picking up the slack for the new gen’s slow start.  Nintendo was a bit more consistent and settled in by that point, at least.

... I don’t think Rise is a positive thing to list. Microsoft didn’t do anything for that game other than throw Square a lump sump to delay other releases.  Sort of like what Epic is doing now in the PC space.  People weren’t thrilled with those tactics, for good reason.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

You said that they’ve “never been a great strength” :p 

I mean, fine, get picky, but I also said "I'm sure the original Xbox had some good exclusives." I was in high school during that time and didn't have money for multiple consoles and didn't play a ton of games in general then. I sorta forget about the original Xbox, as do a lot of people, it seems. :p 

Looking back, I don't even hold much nostalgia for the PS2 nowadays and I played the shit out of that thing. For whatever reason, that gen just didn't stick with me.

44 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, fine, get picky, but I also said "I'm sure the original Xbox had some good exclusives." I was in high school during that time and didn't have money for multiple consoles and didn't play a ton of games in general then. I sorta forget about the original Xbox, as do a lot of people, it seems. :p 

Looking back, I don't even hold much nostalgia for the PS2 nowadays and I played the shit out of that thing. For whatever reason, that gen just didn't stick with me.

OG XBOX was my fav console that era, and I had all three. :sun: 

Otogi, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Forza, Gun Valkyrie, Stubbs the Zombie (eventually had a PC release... AND GOD DAMN IT, I WANT A REMAKE/RE-RELEASE OF THIS), Halo 1 & 2 (again, eventual PC releases), Jet Set Radio Future (which never got a re-release on anything else even though it's 10000000000x better than the original game because Sega sucks), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Voodoo Vince, Steel Battalion ( :daydream: ), Dead or Alive 3, Jade Empire (eventual PC release), KOTOR 1 & 2 (eventual PC release),  Mech Assault 1 & 2, Crimson Skies, Ninja Gaiden, and a bunch of others that I know I'm forgetting. Also, all of the multi-console games ran and looked better on the OG XBOX. :sun: 

But yea, I'm def not disagreeing that after a year or two into the 360 MS pretty much choked with exclusives, especially when you count PC releases. :sadsun: 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

OG XBOX was my fav console that era, and I had all three. :sun: 

Otogi, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Forza, Gun Valkyrie, Stubbs the Zombie (eventually had a PC release... AND GOD DAMN IT, I WANT A REMAKE/RE-RELEASE OF THIS), Halo 1 & 2 (again, eventual PC releases), Jet Set Radio Future (which never got a re-release on anything else even though it's 10000000000x better than the original game because Sega sucks), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Voodoo Vince, Steel Battalion ( :daydream: ), Dead or Alive 3, Jade Empire (eventual PC release), KOTOR 1 & 2 (eventual PC release),  Mech Assault 1 & 2, Crimson Skies, Ninja Gaiden, and a bunch of others that I know I'm forgetting. Also, all of the multi-console games ran and looked better on the OG XBOX. :sun: 

Yeah, I tried a lot of those at your recommendation a few years ago when I bought an Xbox. They didn't really do much for me, though I suppose I could see the appeal back then. I ended up trading back the 20 or so games I'd bought and now the only games I have for it are Castlevania Curse of Darkness(we got it sealed for $5 and it's Castlevania, duh) and Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams(the definitive version of that game). I guess because I didn't play them back then, I couldn't form an attachment now, coupled with the fact that era doesn't really do much to hold up for me. Like I said, though I played the hell out of PS2 back then, most of the games now don't do much for me. I've got 32 games for that system, but it's one of my smaller sets and most of those games are in series I've long had an attachment to, like Silent Hill, Suikoden, Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So are you going to continue to make dumb posts and laugh at me for not buying an Xbox? If I can play damn near all their games on another platform, what reason do I have to own one? I'm not a MS hater, really. If they had the games I could only play on their system, I'd buy one. I don't have to choose one system and stick with it. But MS has to give me a reason to spend the money on their system and games are what it comes down to.

I never made dumb posts about you not buying an Xbox.  I don't believe I said anything about you buying (or not buying) an Xbox

I made dumb posts about you coming into an Xbox thread and making dumb posts about MS "npt having the exclusives".  If you're that overly sensitive after you've made a troll/hyperbole post.  Not sure what to say.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Honestly, it was Nintendo who was firing on all cylinders from 2013-2015 (MK8, XBX, Splatoon, DK:TF, SM3DW, Bayo 2, etc).  In spite of what the Wii U became, there was a narrative that it was picking up the slack for the new gen’s slow start.  Nintendo was a bit more consistent and settled in by that point, at least.

... I don’t think Rise is a positive thing to list. Microsoft didn’t do anything for that game other than throw Square a lump sump to delay other releases.  Sort of like what Epic is doing now in the PC space.  People weren’t thrilled with those tactics, for good reason.

I'm not sure I have an opinion on Nintendo's output -- as I didn't have a Wii-U.  I don't think it minimizes that MS's output during that time was a strength, at least relative to their direct competitor Sony.

I am not sure RoTR would have been made without MS's money -- Sqenix had been struggling financially and TR had not lived up to  Sqenix's (admittedly ridiculous) sales projections.  I think they were looking for some extra $$$ to make it happen and reduce their risk.

I definitely have more nostalgia for the GameCube than the first Xbox, in spite of loving both.  Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 alone might put it over the edge for me.  Those two games are just that good.

I also think a lot of its library has maintained relevancy and aged well.  F-Zero GX is still one of the greatest arcade racers.  Pikmin 2 was much better than 3.  Paper Mario TTYD is the game I think about when DQXI is described as having Nintendo-like quality.  BK Origins is basically Chrono Trigger 3.  SSBM is still so damn good.  Others like Double Dash, Prime 2 and Eternal Darkness show their age a bit, but still have so much unique to them that you’re missing out if you never played them.

There’s some Xbox games like Ninja Gaiden and PD Orta I’m still super amped on to this day.  But the GameCube just had more that stuck with me to that degree.

8 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I am not sure RoTR would have been made without MS's money -- Sqenix had been struggling financially and TR had not lived up to  Sqenix's (admittedly ridiculous) sales projections.  I think they were looking for some extra $$$ to make it happen and reduce their risk.

It would be silly to doubt it wouldn’t be made.  Deus Ex would sooner be on the chopping block.

19 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I never made dumb posts about you not buying an Xbox.  I don't believe I said anything about you buying (or not buying) an Xbox

I made dumb posts about you coming into an Xbox thread and making dumb posts about MS "npt having the exclusives".  If you're that overly sensitive after you've made a troll/hyperbole post.  Not sure what to say.

Kinda rich you're calling me overly sensitive. I've backed up all my arguments and/or gladly clarified them all during the thread. It kinda just sounds like you're not happy with someone having different tastes and disagreeing with you on a company you're quite fond of. :shrug:

• Haha 1