Konami reveals full Castlevania Anniversary Collection lineup

Pikachu

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/18/18484715/castlevania-anniversary-collection-release-date-games

Konami announced the full eight-game lineup for its upcoming Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Thursday, confirming the inclusion of classic games like Castlevania 2: Simon’s Quest and one important rarity in Kid Dracula.

Back in March, Konami announced four of the titles included in the Castlevania Anniversary Collection: the original Castlevania (NES), Castlevania 2: Belmont’s Revenge (Game Boy), Castlevania 3: Dracula’s Curse (NES), and Super Castlevania 4 (Super NES).

Rounding out the collection will be Castlevania The Adventure (Game Boy), Castlevania 2: Simon’s Quest (NES), Castlevania Bloodlines (Sega Genesis), and Kid Dracula (Famicom). The last game on that list received a Game Boy remake/sequel in North America, but the original Kid Dracula (aka Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun) was only released on Famicom in Japan.

Castlevania Anniversary Collection will be released on May 16 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows PC via Steam, and Xbox One. The collection is priced at $19.99.

Konami also released its Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection today. It includes one Castlevania spinoff, the 1988 game Haunted Castle, as well as A-JAX, Nemesis, Vulcan Venture, Salamander, Thunder Cross, Scramble, and TwinBee. It’s available through the Nintendo Switch eShop, PlayStation Store, Steam, and Xbox Games Store for $19.99.

I'm not sure what I was expecting from a Collection. These fucking things are always designed from the ground up to frustrate you by being incomplete and featuring at least 70% filler crap you don't want to play to try to force you to buy the inevitable Collection #2.

As long as you want 2 or 3 games in the collection the price isn't bad. Anybody get the Arcade Collection? The only game that interests me at all in it is Haunted Castle, but in order for me to consider it, I'll need a sale and I need to know if you continue unlimitedly without being sent back to the beginning. Arcade games tend to be deliberately cheap but once they're on a collection that doesn't require you to keep putting in coins/tokens they're easy. According to one review you get 1 life per quarter and can only continue 3 times so if the collection version is the same there's no way I'm getting it.

I don't get why the Bloodlines/SotN thing didn't get released on X1. Still, it's cool to have these available. 

I wonder if there is anyway we can ever get a DS collection released, because I'd love to be able to play those again. Or is there no way we're getting that from Nintendo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

I don't get why the Bloodlines/SotN thing didn't get released on X1. Still, it's cool to have these available. 

I wonder if there is anyway we can ever get a DS collection released, because I'd love to be able to play those again. Or is there no way we're getting that from Nintendo?

You mean Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night? From what I understand, this collection is focusing on the “origins” of the series, and doesn’t seem like any games past 1994 are included.

They should have included at least Rondo of Blood, instead of that terrible Simon’s Quest. And instead of the Gameboy version of The Adventure, we should’ve gotten the far superior The Adventure ReBirth From WiiWare. Bah. 

As for the DS games...I feel like they will have to rework them quite a bit to play properly on a single screen. Not to mention the touch-screen stuff from Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin.

But that’s Konami’s decision to make, not Nintendo’s. 

Wow they went with more Gameboy Castlevania games and Kid Dracula. I admit it is neat they included Kid Dracula. Great they included Bloodlines. Howerver there are enough Castlevania games you could double the games or release two volumes. I still plan to get this just wish it had SotN and Rondo. I know we just got them on PS4 but I could replay them on Switch and I was hoping for the GBA and DS games in the collection. Again Konami could make two collections.

16 hours ago, Rodimus said:

However there are enough Castlevania games you could double the games or release two volumes. 

There is speculation out there, based on the wording of the press release when this collection was first announced, that this is only one of at least two compilations coming. Nothing *officially* announced of course, but it’s likely we will see another Castlevania Collection in the future.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:05 AM, Dodger said:

No Rondo of Blood but SotN is on the Xbox One as a 360 BC game. I beat it last year. Great game!