Life Imitates Art as Two Drivers Engage in a Parallel Parking Standoff

This is the bizarre moment two cars refused to make way for each other for over an hour when they tried to park in the same space.

A thread started at 6.30pm by chicken tikka mariah showed a black car trying to reverse into an empty spot in Koreatown, Los Angeles, as a silver car attempted to drive in from behind.

She posted regular updates as the stand-off continued - even as daylight faded - and attracted celebrity followers including Chrissy Teigen who described it as a 'dream thread'. 

Both cars were eventually able to park more than an hour later, after another parked car drove off, but the argument didn't stop there. 

Both pulled up and switched off their cars, sitting there motionless for quite some time, the black car in front of the silver.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6881829/Onlooker-tweets-hour-long-stand-two-LA-drivers-Chrissy-Teigen-comments.html

32 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also some jerk mod came in here and spoilertagged the video.

Nokra probably. :isee:

It was me and I just changed it back, the video runs off the side of the page on mobile and I was hoping putting it in the spoiler tag would force it not to. But it didn't.

So really this is @Emblazon's fault is what I'm saying.

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

It was me and I just changed it back, the video runs off the side of the page on mobile and I was hoping putting it in the spoiler tag would force it not to. But it didn't.

So really this is @Emblazon's fault is what I'm saying.

That's what you get for posting some freaky UK crap. 

The guy that was backing in was rightfully entitled to the spot. It's totally reasonable that he wouldn't just give up the spot.  HOWEVER, in a situation like that you don't just sit in your car like a bitch for an hour. Even George on Seinfeld confronted the douchebag that did the same thing. 

6 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

The guy that was backing in was rightfully entitled to the spot. It's totally reasonable that he wouldn't just give up the spot.  HOWEVER, in a situation like that you don't just sit in your car like a bitch for an hour. Even George on Seinfeld confronted the douchebag that did the same thing. 

#GeorgeWasRight

47 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

absolutely he was right.  I might get out of my car and rage explain how backing in is always right.  like I'd be scary.  lots of cursing.  I hate when ppl don't follow the rules unless they immediately apologize.

EDIT: who am I kidding.  I'd just drive away withing 15 seconds swearing my head off to myself:sadsun:

16 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

absolutely he was right.  I might get out of my car and rage explain how backing in is always right.  like I'd be scary.  lots of cursing.  I hate when ppl don't follow the rules unless they immediately apologize.

EDIT: who am I kidding.  I'd just drive away withing 15 seconds swearing my head off to myself:sadsun:

sassy pug GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Captain Pickle said:

Both options are acceptable. It doesn’t make sense to fight over a parking spot for a goddamn hour and then be like “oh look I have very pressing business to attend to on my smartphone.” 

5 hours ago, SilentWorld said:

QFT. Black car is right, but how you gonna just sit there?