~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

3 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

My cat is not doing good.  He hasn't eaten much or gone to the bathroom since he got home.  And when I went to check his litter box, there looks to be a puke stain near it...

I'm back at the vet clinic.  I feel like such a shitty fucking owner...

You're definitely absolutely not a shitty owner. In fact you're taking care of your friend the best you can. You won't regret anything you've done to help, that's for sure. How could you be a bad friend?

I wish my words would bring more luck. I've been there twice too recently myself, find it hard to talk about, and wouldn't wish it on anybody. I hope your friend pulls through. 

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

You're definitely absolutely not a shitty owner. In fact you're taking care of your friend the best you can. You won't regret anything you've done to help, that's for sure. How could you be a bad friend?

I wish my words would bring more luck. I've been there twice too recently myself, find it hard to talk about, and wouldn't wish it on anybody. I hope your friend pulls through. 

After this visit and stay, I'll have used up pretty much all of my allotted pet insurance.  If it's something else....I can't afford it.

31 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

After this visit and stay, I'll have used up pretty much all of my allotted pet insurance.  If it's something else....I can't afford it.

Credit card? Personal loan?

i maxed out what i can give for now man I’m sorry.

54 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Is there an easy way to send money from Canada to the US? Only way I've done it before is things like GoFundMe, I don't know that regular financial institutions have a way outside of expensive wiring.

Send it by moose. 

:p 

35 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Unfortunately, Venmo is not available in Canada (we have our own equivalent in e-transfers). I technically have a paypal account, but it's not linked to my bank, I only use it to pay things via credit card when paypal is the only option.

Don't know if that would work or not.  If no, I have no idea.

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I can't sleep. I failed. I failed as a cat owner, as a protector, and as a human being.

Don't believe everything you think. This is what your sad/stressed/tired brain is telling you right now, but it isn't true. You're doing fine, man, it's just fucking tough out there. 

Let us know if you want to talk about it.  :hug:

I can't sleep. I failed. I failed as a cat owner, as a protector, and as a human being.

Feeling like a failure can be a normal healthy thing because it's always pushing us to do better. Unless it's not then that feeling is harmful. People get sick. Accidents happen. Unless you've got some magic cat healing wand then not everything is your responsibility and the worst thing you can do is take a person who cares deeply for animals and make sure they hate themselves for it (I mean you). 

Not to say it doesn't, won't, or can't hurt. But it will do all those things eventually, even if you were to "perfectly" take care of your friend. 

My best friend's cat had to be put down a couple years back. In some ways she was my cat too. I gotta tell you that you still feel the same helplessness and wish you could do more even if the cat is 21 years old.

It's okay to grieve, even if everything turns out okay. Just don't blame yourself. 

I got the ultrasound results. They said there does indeed appear to be an obstruction in his intestine that needs surgery to be removed. They don't know exactly what it is.

The two options are either surgery, or...well, end-of-life treatment.

I'm probably stupid for doing this, but i can't let him die. I just...I just can't. I may have to live lean for a while, but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make.

• Hugs 4

13 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I got the ultrasound results. They said there does indeed appear to be an obstruction in his intestine that needs surgery to be removed. They don't know exactly what it is.

The two options are either surgery, or...well, end-of-life treatment.

I'm probably stupid for doing this, but i can't let him die. I just...I just can't. I may have to live lean for a while, but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Our big chubbo (Rocky) died last year from cancer. We took him in because he hadn't been eating for two days, and we put him down that afternoon. It happened very fast, but in his case the surgery only had a very small chance of success, and then he'd need intensive chemo, etc. If we'd had a real chance of saving him...I don't know what we'd have done. I know my wife would have spent thousands.

12 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I know this seems trite, but these things happen. We had to put our rebound cat down about a year ago. We noticed some lumps that were growing quickly but we moved pretty fast, but not the moment we noticed something was up. They took wide margins and cleared all visible tumors, but within a few weeks they were back and larger and she didn't have long after that.

You can only do what you can do, and you're doing as much as you can. That counts for a lot.

The surgery was a success.

I believe I know what it was he swallowed, after I was given the description. He had this playful fuzzy snake toy that I occasionally use to play with him. Well, somehow, he must have jumped up to the top shelf of my cupboard, and...well, he apparently ate the head clean off.

• Like 2

The surgery was a success.

I believe I know what it was he swallowed, after I was given the description. He had this playful fuzzy snake toy that I occasionally use to play with him. Well, somehow, he must have jumped up to the top shelf of my cupboard, and...well, he apparently ate the head clean off.

Wait, so he's going to be ok? I was really sad reading this stuff. 

14 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Yes, it looks like he'll be fine.  I had to spend a shitton though and deal with nearly a whole fucking week of stress.

Really sorry to hear you had to go through that but I'm so happy your buddy is ok. I love animals.

• Hugs 2

9 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

My cat is home. He's obviously in pain due to the surgery, and will be for the next few days, but I can already tell he's better.

You're doing great. Tell yourself that and keep telling yourself that until you can't think anything else. I'm not kidding even a little bit. 

Exterior renovations on the home are complete, finally. We wanted a more modern look, but also to fit in with the neighbourhood (which is mostly thicker, original cedar lapboard siding). Previous owners put cheap vinyl on, and it needed to be replaced. So we updated to a better product (cellular composite siding), made sure the exterior insulation was good, got new doors, redid the soffits, pot lights, eaves, etc. Cost a decent amount, but we plan to live here for 30+ years so wanted a nice refresh that fits the mid-century neighbourhood. The last thing we wanted was the current trendy white stucco with black trim. Yuck. 

Before:
kHK9uNS.jpg

After:

GCSep92.jpg

rVIb2Xw.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 5
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Tell me more. Japan is on my list, but haven’t started doing research yet.

This is my fiancés trip I’m just paying lol

with that said I told her I want to see the peace museum and electric city

Shes organizing everything else