NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

• 2 weeks later...

Grading free agent signings.  Grading draft picks.  Grading offseasons.

Power Rankings.  Ranking NFL offseasons.  QB tiers.  Ranking "NFL triplets".

Sports sites seem to be filled with pundits who are willing to offer an opinion, frequently with no tie to stats or advanced stats.

Given the extra time I have on my hands I have googled draft grades from 3-4 years ago, and last years power rankings from a few of these sites (espn, cbssports, nfl.com, etc.).  My learnings?  These guys aren't any more "prescient" than your average guy on the street.

Eagles' Doug Pederson doesn't rule out signing Colin Kaepernick, weighs the pros and cons of bringing him in

"I think it's something that if a team or even us were in a situation, we would look at all possibilities and scenarios," Pederson said. "The one thing you have to keep in mind is he hasn't played in a couple years. That still doesn't mean he couldn't come in and be a backup and learn your system and do those things for you. It's not out of the realm of possibility that could happen."

I guess he didn't attend that workout last year.  :thinking:

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2020 at 11:07 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

This is a black QB problem. There were what? The Pats and Browns interested in Newton and that's it? The NFL is run by racists that don't think black QBs have much to offer outside of athleticism, so if there's any questions about their health their value drops like a rock. Black quarterbacks are expected to be fast and mobile, strong and powerful. They aren't supposed to be smart or good in the pocket.

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is a black QB problem. There were what? The Pats and Browns interested in Newton and that's it? The NFL is run by racists that don't think black QBs have much to offer outside of athleticism, so if there's any questions about their health their value drops like a rock. Black quarterbacks are expected to be fast and mobile, strong and powerful. They aren't supposed to be smart or good in the pocket.

I remember when Lamar Jackson dropped all the way to the first round because off the excuses the owners came up with to not take him. Then he came out and was the best QB by far last year.

Who was picked ahead of him? Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold (a turd) Josh Allen (another turd) Josh Rosen, Imagine the Bills, Jets or Cardinals with Jackson.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I remember when Lamar Jackson dropped all the way to the first round because off the excuses the owners came up with to not take him. Then he came out and was the best QB by far last year.

Who was picked ahead of him? Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold (a turd) Josh Allen (another turd) Josh Rosen, Imagine the Bills, Jets or Cardinals with Jackson.

Speaking of Josh Allen:

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Fuck the Bills, Jets, or Cardinals. The Patriots had the chance to take him. He was a godsend of a replacement for an aging Brady that just fell into their hands, but nope.

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Patriots won the superbowl that same year, they didn't need him.

The #1 rule of the NFL and NBA first round. Take the best player on the board. They didn't need him, but it wouldn't be the first time they drafted a QB as Brady's replacement.

15 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The #1 rule of the NFL and NBA first round. Take the best player on the board. They didn't need him, but it wouldn't be the first time they drafted a QB as Brady's replacement.

First he shouldn't have been there in the first place and second Michel was a pretty good pick.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:15 PM, Ghost_MH said:

It's actually the most true for MLB imo.