NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

Note to beat writers covering the NFL.

The Raiders don't think Derek Carr is a valueless commodity.  They will not be trading Derek Carr, Marcus Mariotta, Darren Waller and two first round draft picks for a 32 year-old Russell Wilson.  [That might be a deal for Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes -- but there is a near 0% chance that either is coming to the Raiders.]

He may not be an "elite" QB -- but there are only a handful of those in existence.  

The reason he does not had a winning record is 1) how dysfunctional the Raiders organization has been in his tenure and 2) how terrible the Raiders defence has been during his tenure.  And while nobody is happy with 8-8 in 2021, the run game was not productive and the defence was abysmal.  Fixing your weaknesses has to be a teams #1 priorities -- because NFL game plans are all about targeting the opponents weaknesses.

/end rant

5 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Note to beat writers covering the NFL.

The Raiders don't think Derek Carr is a valueless commodity.  They will not be trading Derek Carr, Marcus Mariotta, Darren Waller and two first round draft picks for a 32 year-old Russell Wilson.  [That might be a deal for Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes -- but there is a near 0% chance that either is coming to the Raiders.]

He may not be an "elite" QB -- but there are only a handful of those in existence.  

The reason he does not had a winning record is 1) how dysfunctional the Raiders organization has been in his tenure and 2) how terrible the Raiders defence has been during his tenure.  And while nobody is happy with 8-8 in 2021, the run game was not productive and the defence was abysmal.  Fixing your weaknesses has to be a teams #1 priorities -- because NFL game plans are all about targeting the opponents weaknesses.

/end rant

The moment I knew the Raiders were pretenders was when my Falcons destroyed them.  The Falcons don't destroy anyone.

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2021 at 2:52 PM, Biggie said:

The moment I knew the Raiders were pretenders was when my Falcons destroyed them.  The Falcons don't destroy anyone.

They got destroyed by the Falcons (who were 0-7 in games decided by 5 points or less) - one of 3 games where they lost by more than one score.  On the other side, they beat the Saints, Chiefs, and Browns -- despite having, arguably, the worst defence in the NFL (Lions may have been worse).

If by "pretenders" -- you mean not Super Bowl contenders.  Clearly.  Just like @Keyser_Soze's Chargers.

39 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yeah teams love to mortgage their future for a possible sexual predator. 

Browns DGAF and got Kareem Hunt. I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would jump to get him.

In any case I was saying this as more of, He didn't do it but floated the rumor so he could get cut. After he gets cut then the rumors turn out to be false and he signs with a team, bingo bango ez money.

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Browns DGAF and got Kareem Hunt. I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would jump to get him.

In any case I was saying this as more of, He didn't do it but floated the rumor so he could get cut. After he gets cut then the rumors turn out to be false and he signs with a team, bingo bango ez money.

So accuse himself of being a sexual predator rapist? That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Lol. There are better ways of not playing for the Texans than tarnishing his personal reputation. 

17 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0203%2Fr809974_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Two civil lawsuits filed against Texans QB Deshaun Watson allege inappropriate conduct during massages, on two separate occasions by two separate...

he really wants out of Houston since he hired a second woman to sue him 

Yeah maybe he should also start a rumor that he is a heroin addicted too @Keyser_Soze

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0128%2Fr807576_2
WWW.ESPN.COM

Seven lawsuits have now been filed against Texas QB Deshaun Watson, with four new cases alleging similar inappropriate conduct and sexual assault to the previous three that had been filed.

Lawsuits 4-7 now filed

Man he really wants out of Houston!