NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Cousins revealed he communicated with Atlanta's athletic trainer and head of PR before new league year

Two of the most notable free agency moves -- quarterback Kirk Cousins leaving the Minnesota Vikings to sign with the Atlanta Falcons on a four-year, $180 deal and running back Saquon Barkley departing from the New York Giants to join the Philadelphia Eagles on a three-year, $37.8 million contract -- may soon come with consequences.

Both signings may come with draft pick losses after allegations of tampering surfaced. Cousins may have accidentally implicated himself at his introductory press conference as players aren't allowed to have first person contact with teams during the legal tampering period before the start of the new league year. 

"There's great people here," Cousins said. "And it's not just the football team. I mean, I'm looking at the support staff. Meeting -- calling, yesterday, calling our head athletic trainer, talking to our head of P.R. I'm thinking, we got good people here. And that's exciting to be a part of."  

Barkley's college head coach at Penn State, James Franklin, alluded to Barkley and Eagles general manager Howie Roseman speaking on the phone during the legal tampering period.

THEATHLETIC.COM

It's not just that NIL money is helping lure players back to school. Some coaches are concerned it's producing a more entitled prospect.

It’s bizarre to me how invested some Americans are with college sports. 
How does a college QB playing in a 2nd tier conference make $10 million?