Metro Exodus (PC) announced as Epic Games Store timed exclusive (1 year)

Commissar SFLUFAN

Q&A in the game's Steam Community forum.

I already pre-ordered Metro Exodus on Steam. What happens to my order?
Your pre-order on Steam will be honored, and you will be able to download and play Metro Exodus on release day (15th February 2019).

If I pre-ordered the Gold Edition on Steam, will I still get my future Expansion Pass on Steam?
Yes, your Expansion Pack content will become available for download via Steam, when released.

Will I still get my pre-order bonuses - the Digital Artbook and Official Soundtrack on Steam? 
Yes, your pre-order bonuses will be honored and delivered by Steam.

I ordered the Standard Edition - will I be able to purchase the Expansion Pass in the future on Steam? 
Yes, if you own the Standard Edition on Steam, you will be able to purchase the Expansion Pass or standalone DLC on Steam when it releases in the future.

Does the Epic Store have any exclusive or timed exclusive DLC?
No. All future DLC for Metro Exodus will be released simultaneously on all platforms.

Are there any differences in content between the version on the Epic Games store and the version on Steam?
No, they have the same pre-order bonuses and in-game content. All future title updates, patches, and free and premium DLC will be released simultaneously across both versions.

Will Metro Exodus ever return to Steam?
Yes - Metro Exodus will return to Steam and on other store fronts after 14th February 2020

Valve seems genuinely irritated by this one:

Notice: Later today, sales of Metro Exodus will be discontinued on Steam due to a publisher decision to make the game exclusive to another PC store.

The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam. 

We think the decision to remove the game is unfair to Steam customers, especially after a long pre-sale period. We apologize to Steam customers that were expecting it to be available for sale through the February 15th release date, but we were only recently informed of the decision and given limited time to let everyone know.

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

That’s one way to let people know your game is releasing soon.

I really do think Valve is pissed mainly because they essentially gave Epic several months' worth of free advertising for Metro Exodus through the Steam Store page.

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Any articles yet about how these games are selling on Epic Store?

None at all.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I really do think Valve is pissed mainly because they essentially gave Epic several months' worth of free advertising for Metro Exodus through the Steam Store page.

Microsoft has too but I guess they don’t care since no one uses the Window store. 

20 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

We might as well start a pool to guess the next big game to be made exclusive. 

I am picking Sekiro. Activision could use the cash. 

They wouldn't put Sekiro on Epic Game Store. It would go to Battle Net/Blizzard Launcher.

10 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

They wouldn't put Sekiro on Epic Game Store. It would go to Battle Net/Blizzard Launcher.

10 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

You mean as a BattleNet exclusive?

No as in what Ubisoft did with Division 2. Take a large sack of money and remove it from Steam and put it on Epic along with its own service. 

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

The price of the Steam keys for Metro Exodus on CDKeys has already increased by $5 ($46 to $51) due to the surge in demand.

CDKeys just confirmed that their keys will be for the Epic Store and not Steam.  They're gonna have an asston of refund requests now.

It has also been confirmed that the physical version will have Epic Store codes as well.

I better get this on steam before its gone. Not that I have a problem with the Epic Games launcher, I would just prefer more games on Steam as its my main hub of games. I rarely even use GOG, Origin, or Ubi anymore. I really don't want to get that much more diverse.