Metro Exodus (PC) announced as Epic Games Store timed exclusive (1 year)

Commissar SFLUFAN

8 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Even Microsoft thinks third-party exclusivity on the PC is strange:

It's only normal when other consoles are time locked out of 3rd party content.  Then money-hatting is cool.

Microsoft wrote the script on this last gen, plus went hard in with Rise of the Tomb Raider.  What others do with their playbook isn't for them to judge.

One of the Cuphead developers who posts on ResetERA mentioned that he spoke with one of the developers whose game suddenly went from being available for Steam to being an Epic Store exclusive and that developer said that the publisher made the decision without notice or consulting with them.

I have a strong suspicion that it was an Ashen developer who told him that information.

1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

Yikes THQ mad. They even know this was dumb.  Someone is getting fired somewhere

THQ Nordic GmbH is a sister company to Koch Media/Deep Silver so they don't have operational control over Koch Media/Deep Silver behavior.

THQ Nordic AB is the Swedish parent company that owns THQ Nordic GmbH and Koch Media/Deep Silver (both German/Austrian companies), and they would have operational control over both entities.

Today's statement laid out the corporate structure of THQ Nordic AB, the Swedish parent company that has three sub-groups: Koch Media, THQ Nordic GmbH (which released the statement on Twitter), and Coffee Stain Studios.

THQ Nordic AB co-founder and group CEO Lars Wingefors laid out his position on the matter, saying, "I fully support our sub-groups' autonomy to run their respective businesses. I believe it's in the group's, and ultimately the consumers', best interest that business decisions are made close to the market and this is the group's consistent business model

"I firmly believe that Deep Silver and Koch Media have carefully considered the advantages and disadvantages, opportunities and risks in their decision to go solely with Epic Games Store. The decision has my full support.

"I have noted that there is some confusion about the two different THQ Nordic entities, the parent company and the operating entity in Vienna. As already communicated to shareholders last year, the parent company will change its name to better reflect its status."

The train keepschugging 

• 3 weeks later...