The Mariners

thewhyteboar

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

Lol @ publications saying broadcaster appears to say N word. First off, it’s crystal clear he says it. Secondly, it comes out super smooth. Wouldn’t be surprised he uses it conversationally at home. 

100% that man says that word on the reg 😂

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

A’s broadcasting is also in shambles

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Lol @ publications saying broadcaster appears to say N word. First off, it’s crystal clear he says it. Secondly, it comes out super smooth. Wouldn’t be surprised he uses it conversationally at home. 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

100% that man says that word on the reg 😂

Only way we will know for sure is to bring in an expert on the subject.

@best3444whats your opinion?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@Brian hates me because I'm ignorant and have no idea what I'm talking about.

This is all over a conversation that I voiced my personal opinion on. It had nothing to do with him nor did I attack him like he attacked me. I will no longer interact with him again. 

Wow. Seems extreme but you do you. 

• True 1

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Wow. Seems extreme but you do you. 

I didn't do one thing to him. I considered him a buddy on here but he fucking trashed me on a topic that had nothing to do with him. I didn't say a word to him and he was cruel. It was completely uncalled for and I'm done with him. I treated him as a friend over the years and we got a long great. It's unfortunate but I'm done with him. 

Jose Altuve taking BP in Seattle today after getting his thumb exploded by Daniel Bard in the WBC. Michael Brantley and Chas McCormick coming back next week.

This lineup about to be all big league again instead of half AAA 😂

Rubber game against Rays and Yanks find a way to blow a 6 run lead.  I dislike so many of Boone’s moves. His none answers after the game are even more infuriating. I can’t believe he has been manager for 6 years. 
Tired Baby GIF

@Biggie mentioned it in the hockey thread, but I'll ask for baseball. What're your favorite unis? Of course, I'm a big fan of the Boston jerseys, all of them. They're just simple and clean and classic. I was also wearing my Mariners home white tonight and thinking how crisp it looks. Atlanta has some good looking jerseys, too. Particularly their home red and whites.

And green is my favorite color, so I’m fond of the As. I don’t follow the team, but I’ve been tempted to buy a hat just because I love the green so much. 

I love my Jays Powder Blue uniforms. I don’t mind the Mariners and their Teal uniforms. I also miss my Montreal Expos and would say the pinstripes w. blue/red sleeve or again powder blue uniforms my fav (have both) Plus for all the simplicity, you can’t go wrong with the white pinstripe Cubs uni. 

I liked the Diamondbacks vest jerseys from when the team started playing. There really is a jersey right now that I really would go out and buy.  Maybe the Snake Head practice jerseys. 

I need to get myself a Trash Pandas cap one of these day. 

That said, I have always in general like baseball jerseys because of their simplicity. 

The Rays are going to set the single season win record and blow it in the playoffs when they pull McClanahan in the 6th inning of an elimination game after giving up his 2nd hit of the game because it’s third time through the order.

Framber Valdez and Cristian Javier are about as good a top of the rotation as there is in baseball. Both dudes are so consistently good, especially in those super tense moments. Mentally tough ball players.

IMG-6579

Ohtani is so good. Ridiculous strength to pull this curveball off the ground for a homer. Not very many guys in the league that can do that

One of my favorite times of the year, the early season first time call-ups have begun in a major way ❤️ MLB needs to have all the teams post this kind of content, it’s great!

2. Will Shohei Ohtani hit the market?

At the moment, industry sources are as close to unequivocal as you can get about the Angels' plans for Ohtani. "They are not going to trade him," said one executive. Said another: "If they were going to deal him, the best time would've been last summer. But unless they completely collapse, no shot."

What some rival evaluators believe is that Angels owner Arte Moreno, who went on the record during spring training saying that Ohtani won't be dealt as long as his team is in contention, does not want to be remembered as the guy who pushed this generation's Babe Ruth out of his organization. (Especially since that is the legacy of late Red Sox owner Harry Frazee, who dealt Ruth to the Yankees.)

It's hard to find anyone who believes that Ohtani will re-sign with the Angels after he hits the free agent market. But if he does leave Anaheim, Moreno will at least have an out: It would be Ohtani's choice to depart, not because Moreno ushered him out of town.

This makes no sense. All reports point towards Ohtani signing with the real LA team which is disastrous for the Angels. Angels have zero shot of winning anything.  Who cares about being the owner who trades Ohtani? Your goal should be building a winning team. Letting Ohtani walk for nothing is criminal.

I’m sure the Mets or Yankees would be willing to trade a decent haul for a rental in hopes of convincing him to stay on the East Coast. 

An Ohtani playoff rental is still massively valuable, and I think it does give a team a better chance of keeping him. Otherwise I think probabilities of landing him this winter are:

60% Dodgers

25% Giants

15% The Field

Moreno is a moron so I can imagine as the Angels trend back to the middle of the AL West and way out of the wild card as we head to the ASG, he very well might hold on to Ohtani.