The Mariners

thewhyteboar

13 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I don’t want Ohtani for half a billion plus. No way that deal works out.

Watching the A’s game since it’s the only one on and they are terrible.

You’re a fan of the second richest team in baseball, don’t let the owners off the hook. Ohtani is easily worth $50 million a year just in merch and endorsement deals. Owners just don’t want to increase the Overton window on what constitutes a reasonable salary and payroll budget, that’s why they hate Cohen 😂 

12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You’re a fan of the second richest team in baseball, don’t let the owners off the hook. Ohtani is easily worth $50 million a year just in merch and endorsement deals. Owners just don’t want to increase the Overton window on what constitutes a reasonable salary and payroll budget, that’s why they hate Cohen 😂 

Im not against big contracts but Ohtani is gonna be $50 million a year on the IL at some point and in true Dodger fashion probably after opening day.

You know it has not been a good start to a season when you start to see articles how cashman has no problem accepting a lost season and trading assets for a rebuild. Last I checked, cashman has been rebuilding since 2009. 

I’ll take Ohtani for $50M.  I don’t even care if he sucks for the second half the contract. The first half will be glorious. 
:feelsgood::angry-fap:

We are in the middle of May.

The NL has 6 total teams with records .500 or better. The AL East by itself has 5 teams with records .500 or better 😂 AL West clocking in with 4.

The last place team in the AL East is currently tied with the first place team in the AL Central 😂😂😂

I think it’s high last time for MLB to seed based solely on record. You can still keep divisions for scheduling purposes if you want, but even that, I’d prefer each team have one “rival” in each region that they play 4 series against, and then balance schedule against all the other teams so that you get fairly even schedules for all teams given the 162 games played.

0206_MLB.jpg
THEATHLETIC.COM

When MLB expands to 32 teams, it should abandon the AL and NL and embrace a dramatic geographic realignment. Here's how it could look.

Bowden did the exercise for the Atlantic if MLB expands to 32.  He has Boston, Yanks, Mets, and Phillies in a division due geography and payroll.  Something similar in Southern California. Then you have some putrid divisions in the middle of the country. I don’t see how this solves anything.

At least in this scenario, Yanks get to be in a good division. I have zero desire to watch shit teams like the A’s on the regular. 

Astros win another series. Not playing great ball, but whatevs. Stay close, get healthy, and get me a new first basemen please 😂

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yanks split the 4 game series with the Rays. We have played the Rays pretty well this year. Yanks have a knack of blowing games. Not a great trait. 

Standings will be fun to watch this week as the Jays face Yanks, Rays and O’s this week. Hopefully we can keep up with the home field advantage. We’re like 12-3 at home right now.

• Halal 1

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0506%2Fr695900_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

The Oakland Athletics have reached agreement to put their new ballpark on part of the site of the current Tropicana property along the Las Vegas Strip.

30,000 seat stadium would be the smallest stadium in MLB. I guess this confirms that ownership won’t bother trying to field a team worth watching. 

Here at Minute Maid to watch the Quality Start King, Framber Valdez, against the Cubbies. I’m always impressed by how many Cubs fans show up for these games. I think the Yankees are the only team that generates more road fans in the building.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Here at Minute Maid to watch the Quality Start King, Framber Valdez, against the Cubbies. I’m always impressed by how many Cubs fans show up for these games. I think the Yankees are the only team that generates more road fans in the building.

I dunno, I usually see a big Red Sox fan base on the road.

Astros were down 6-1 in the 8th and come all the way back with 2 in the 8th and 4 in the 9th. They scored 6, 7, and 7 runs this series. Definitely the most complete series offensively, and Altuve should be making his season debut this weekend after suffering the broken thumb on an HBP in the WBC