Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer and Discussion Thread

this is my main event this year..... I like that it hints at bits from all other Goji films...I just hope Rodan doesnt get totally hosed on this.

how do escalate to Kong though?!

I know Mothra will be both their mothers name to stop God v King fight but what will be the 3rd threat? Giant Raymond Burr?

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

this is my main event this year..... I like that it hints at bits from all other Goji films...I just hope Rodan doesnt get totally hosed on this.

I know Mothra will be both their mothers name to stop God v King fight but what will be the 3rd threat? Giant Raymond Burr?

latest?cb=20140503044148

latest?cb=20140228212634

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

We're so going to get a mecha Godzilla movie. It writes itself. World nations decide they can't rely on a monster to protect them and create their own version of Godzilla. Something goes terribly wrong and only Godzilla can save them.

33 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Other monsters they could use possibly

latest?cb=20140129191033

Destroyah

Megaguirius

Destroyah is the only viable option....

the special effects would be able to fully realize his design... plus his different forms and ability to separate into multiple other creatures might come in handy.. 

2 hours ago, johnny said:

I feel like Godzilla would wreck Kong. Maybe they do a prequel when Kong was younger because Skull Island took place in the 70s. Or maybe Kong is v smart like Batman. 

Godzilla vs King Kong is set after Godzilla: King of the Monsters. They have said Kong wasn't fully grown yet so he will be bigger and stronger when he fights Godzilla. 

all things considered im just grateful I got to see a “proper” big budget interpretation of the property cause Toho sure as hell cant stay out of its own way...

A big budget Gamera wouldnt be bad but the 90s movies have aged well enough effects and story-wise that its not “that” urgent

• 5 weeks later...

I dont know the “marketing” decision making process.. but they seem to have gone a couple of trailers too far...

a few of these moments would have worked as solid surprises in the film..

not sure if its marketing incompetence or lack of faith in the product

58 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

I dont know the “marketing” decision making process.. but they seem to have gone a couple of trailers too far...

a few of these moments would have worked as solid surprises in the film..

not sure if its marketing incompetence or lack of faith in the product

Trailers always give away too much nowadays. That's why I limit how many I watch. I haven't seen what you're talking about so I still imagine I'll have a surprise or two left.

5 hours ago, TwinIon said:

With 99 reviews in, RT is at 42%.

It seems that the human element is again worthless, but there are a lot of kaiju battles. I'll be there tonight.

the tone, score, mood, pace, and human element of 2014 Godzilla was perfect up until Cranston died..... everything shifted afterward and though the Ford character wasnt great it was good enough....Now if the next film could bring the whole humans and monsters package into harmony

to be fair theres only been 5 films in the series that truly had that harmony.... not counting the original cause that exists separate from what followed

well. let me say this 

Spoiler

this movie was one monster of a disappointment! 

:p 

Spoiler

the human sections of the story did indeed suck for the most part....WTF the most important piece of tech and they have no one guarding it, a 12 yr old girl can just sneak in and exit the bunker without anyone seeing her??? Bitch...please! 

Just watched it..... it really misses the "eye" and cinematography from the last one....

Spoiler

-Mothra and Rodan mostly lacked their personalities and were there mostly to check the box....as was Ghidorah

-Apparently they ran out of budget and abruptly just ended the final fight..

-the "money shot" at the end was a misfire

-trying to "top" the fatality of the 2014 movie didnt work out

-no truly "amazing" shot was left after all was shown in trailers.

-the post credit scene maybe leaves a window for a mecha?

-I didnt find the human story boring or obnoxious....it fulfilled its duty better than anything Ford did in the previous film

-for myself the true highlights were all the little homages and easter eggs for the "fanboys"

Just watched it and I have to say, I am disappointed.

Spoiler

-I can't believe this movie made the same mistake as the 2014 film. Too little monster fights. You have 17 titans and barely any prolong fight scenes.

-Mothra didn't have any development or narrative. She was just there to help Godzilla for unknown reasons.

-The second half of the film drags a bit. The whole plot of them trying to rescue Godzilla and re-energized him was too long. I just want to see the final battle.

-King Gidorah was very well designed overall, but didn't have any standout moments. The best scene was when he released the lightning storm using his wings near the end.

-The human story is interesting but I was irritated by it because it took so much time away from the monsters.

-Rodan was just there to counter Mothra and didn't do much else.

-The score by Bear McCreary is amazing. 

-Overall, I still kind of like the movie, but I don't think this is much of an improvement over the original.   

I found the score mostly forgettable... in the last film the score really complemented the scenes...this movie had no patience for any significant build up..

I must admit.. I LOVED the remixed Godzilla and Mothra themes...then got upset cause there was no Rodan remix

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

I found the score mostly forgettable... in the last film the score really complemented the scenes...this movie had no patience for any significant build up..

I must admit.. I LOVED the remixed Godzilla and Mothra themes...then got upset cause there was no Rodan remix

I loved Desplat's Godzilla score as well. The style was very different. Desplat really nailed the suspense and the horror/terror. McCreary's score focused on the mythical grandeur of the monsters. More blunt force, but I really like it as well.  

I still cant get over the fact that the prick from Billy Madison was in a Godzilla film nearly 25 fucking years later..

... oddly lots of “longtime” goji fans either truly love it or hate it for every reason imaginable. ..

great remake of Final Wars

bad remake of ghidrah the 3 headed monster

tone deaf use of nukes to save the day

not enough monsters

too much monsters