In a totally nonpolitical move, conservative US judges boycott Columbia grads over campus Gaza protests

• Jason changed the title to In a totally nonpolitical move, conservative US judges boycott Columbia grads over campus Gaza protests

I like how this was the party that bitches and moans like big dumb diaper baby losers about how there is no free speech on college campuses and everyone is a snowflake and also bitches and moans about cancel culture.

Fuck these people. Like, seriously. It's just, I can't even anymore. The funniest part of all of this is the comical idea that a single one of these people actually truly cares about anti-semitism. Stop the fucking act you clowns. We know who you are and who you stand with. We aren't buying it. It's just all noise and nonsense.

• Like 2

I also like how so many of these intellectual dim bulbs are constantly pushing the narrative that the democrats are behind all these protests.

Yes, all of the young people who are super pissed about Joe Biden and are chanting Genocide Joe and tanking his position in the polls in what has become a huge problem for him to navigate and walk down the center of... yup, it's the dems. They're paying these protesters and organizing them, you sure got it figured out. Buncha Mensa candidates up in here, playing 12D chess.

• True 2

I just remembered heyyoudvd exists...

I imagine he's spent the last two weeks convulsing on the floor, having finally reached peak outrage... the culmination of years and years of confused idiotic anger and manufactured bad faith bitterness. He's going to ascend to a higher being like Tetsuo at the end of Akira. Transform into a higher cosmic being made out of pure nonsensical anti-anti-semitism and fake news outrage.

This is truly the moment he's been waiting for his entire life.

• Haha 2

One of Trump's accomplishments was transforming "conservative" into "traitor". Language evolves, but this was a brilliant, almost instantaneous process. Possibly his greatest achievement. :bow:

I’m 100% pro-Palestine but those who think not voting from Biden is the best way to bring about change will be in for a rude awakening when they see how Trump plans to handle these protests.

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

I’m 100% pro-Palestine but those who think not voting from Biden is the best way to bring about change will be in for a rude awakening when they see how Trump plans to handle these protests.

If only there were a way to know how Trump would respond to future protests based on past events

hmmm

36 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

Yes, but do really want to try to have that conversation with a Palestinian-American with family still in Gaza? 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, but do really want to try to have that conversation with a Palestinian-American with family still in Gaza? 

... that Trump would be worse for Gaza than Biden? Not much of a conversation; Trump's son-in-law is talking about how it'd be great beach front property for resorts ffs.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m not saying their anger isn’t justified if that’s what you’re implying.

41 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

I’m not saying their anger isn’t justified if that’s what you’re implying.

I understand what you're saying, and I also don't have a good answer for our Palestinian friends. Hell, I have a hard time broaching the subject with some of my Jewish friends because many of them are super liberal but not at all on the side of protesters. I checked on them after Hamas' attack, but I don't even know what to say to anyone anymore. 

I think the only message that might come through is from other persecuted groups who have a lot to lose in another Trump administration. I've seen other trans folk as well scared about people staying home over this because forces are actively continuing to attack them and would have even freer reign if Trump wins.

53 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

... that Trump would be worse for Gaza than Biden? Not much of a conversation; Trump's son-in-law is talking about how it'd be great beach front property for resorts ffs.

Palestinians in Gaza are being bombed and systematically targeted. It’s hard to get even worse than that. 

Besides, Biden wouldn’t do a damn thing to keep those resorts from being built anyway. 

Just now, Subzwari1987 said:

Palestinians in Gaza are being bombed and systematically targeted. It’s hard to get even worse than that. 

Besides, Biden wouldn’t do a damn thing to keep those resorts from being built anyway. 

The idea the Trump wouldn't be any worse than Biden for Gaza is so unbelievably stupid that I honestly question some people's sanity when they say shit so ungodly absurd.

Trump would not be building a dock to send aid and go around Netanyahu.

Trump would not have blocked a weapons shipment last week.

Trump wouldn't have cared about those aid workers who were killed and those IDF officers wouldn't have been discharged from the military because of it.

Trump wouldn't have demanded more aid routes be open to Gaza threatening no more US aid to Israel.

Trump wouldn't be criticizing Netanyahu regularly.

Trump wouldn't be making demands on how some things are handled.

Trump wouldn't put conditions on aid packages.

Trump wouldn't be sending CIA directors to Cairo and Israel to negotiate ceasefires.

Yea, Biden is sending aid to Israel. Why? Because it gives the US a fucking say as to what is happening. Does it give the US the ability to stop Netanyahu? lol, lmao, no; but if you don't think Netanyahu without any leash, despite how thin the current one is, wouldn't have paved over Gaza entirely by now, then you have done absolutely zero research on that POS.

• Like 4

Just to clear something up: Israel doesn't need the US, like, at all. There's a reason why many on the extra-far right in Israel want to stop receiving any/all aid from the US, even prior to the Oct 7th attacks: they want to be able to do whatever they want in terms of military actions without having to answer to anyone. How do you think the response to Iran would've went without a US leash, or with f'n Trump in office? You can't possibly be so blinded by the awfulness that's happening in Gaza to actually think "it wouldn't be any worse" with that orange POS jerking off his Israeli counter-part.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, Biden is sending aid to Israel. Why? Because it gives the US a fucking say as to what is happening. Does it give the US the ability to stop Netanyahu? lol, lmao, no; but if you don't think Netanyahu without any leash, despite how thin the current one is, wouldn't have paved over Gaza entirely by now, then you have done absolutely zero research on that POS.

It blows my mind that the anti war left is blowing its load on “threaten to take away everything (which means you’ll get nothing when your bluff is called)” and don’t see why it’s fucking stupid and counterproductive and won’t actually do anything. 

the idea that we can just force an independent country (with a powerful, modern military) to do our bidding is just dumb as hell and reminds me of right wingers who want to try to push their way with iran. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It blows my mind that the anti war left is blowing its load on “threaten to take away everything (which means you’ll get nothing when your bluff is called)” and don’t see why it’s fucking stupid and counterproductive and won’t actually do anything. 

the idea that we can just force an independent country (with a powerful, modern military) to do our bidding is just dumb as hell and reminds me of right wingers who want to try to push their way with iran. 

No, no, it’s all Biden’s fault. Let’s protest by getting the Orange Goblin back in office. Surely that will fix it.

16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

No, no, it’s all Biden’s fault. Let’s protest by getting the Orange Goblin back in office. Surely that will fix it.

And yeah it’s sparking ethnic cleansing at best in Gaza but that’s not the only genocide that will get worse with a trump presidency: the millions of Ukrainians under the barrel of an aggressively imperialist Russia also have a seat at this table too and what does anyone think Trump will do to better their plight?

like I get it if you’re one of the tens of thousands of actual Gazans living in the U.S. who have immediate or even second or third level connection to the ongoing conflict. But for the majority of protestors are not these people, and their threat to withhold votes from Biden on this ONE issue where he really doesn’t have the power to truly stop what is going on threatens not only the issue you supposedly care about but others which are also very bad, and comparable in many ways! Like it’s not a competition of suffering but I guarantee in the short, medium, or even long term, nearly all of your pet issues would be worse under Trump. Just because things are bad doesn’t mean we need to allow them to actively get worse!

And if your gambit fails and Biden still pulls off a victory? You’ve made yourself irrelevant for the foreseeable future. 

these fucking idiots make me so fucking mad

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

In addition, if you hate wars and genocide, there is definitely no way you should vote for Trump, because he will immediately kowtow to Putin and let him have free reign to do whatever in Ukraine.

A not-insignificant chunk of the far-left (and right) believe that handing Ukraine to Putin is the "peaceful" move because fewer people will die in combat. Never mind the millions that will die or be tortured as a result of Russian occupation, of course...but that is somehow not a reality for these people.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Bernie didn't win so I am sitting out in protest! Roe is dead now.

This is the shit that is gonna be pushed on us again because of this Myopic view.

Israel is an industrial nation with a modern military and nuclear armed, the fact these leftists who have never spent a day in boots think we can force them to do anything is insane and they are about to Bernie bro us again.

Not to mention: Ukraine, Taiwan etc.

I am an affluent cis can be straight appearing white male. I will be safe under a Trump presidency, hell my marginal tax rate will decrease and they were kicking around the idea of reducing capital gains taxes, my bottom line will also likely improve. Can the people who are about to make this a reality again say the same?

On 5/7/2024 at 2:28 PM, Haya Dune said:

Who would want to work for one of those judges anyway?

People who want to advance their legal careers expeditiously. There is a reason that Notre Dame Law School has suddenly shot up in prominence, and it is because a sitting SCOTUS justice went there and the impact is felt by other federal and state appellate court judges now being willing to bring on students from that school as clerks. The value of getting a federal clerkship in your legal career can't be overstated.

• True 1

Who would be worse for the Palestinians if re-elected: Trump or Biden?

The answer is Trump would be far worse. It's Trump and it's not even fucking close. People "staying home" and not voting, people who would normally vote for Biden, thus essentially helping Trump to win given you're lowering the Democratic Party's vote count need to get their heads out of their asses. It's crazy to me that this is even up for debate. It amazes me how short people's memories are: do people remember 2017-2021? It was a fucking nightmare. Why anyone would want to go back to that but worse is unfathomable to me. It's only May so I'm hoping people wake the fuck up by November.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

Two-thirds of the signatories are based in Texas, including Matthew Kacsmaryk, who gained national attention last year by suspending approval of the abortion pill mifepristone in a case now before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Two of the lead signers, U.S. Circuit Judges James Ho of the 5th Circuit and Elizabeth Branch of the 11th Circuit, had previously announced boycotts of clerks from Yale and Stanford, citing disruptions of conservative speakers on campus.

The 13 judges boycotting Columbia represent a small slice of the nation's nearly 900 federal judges.

Well well well look what we have here. The biggest hacks on any bench by far. Any clerk for these guys aren’t selected for their university and academic standing but for their allegiance to the federalist society and its poisonous ideology for the freaks who want to gain power through the conservative legal movement. 

7 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I understand what you're saying, and I also don't have a good answer for our Palestinian friends. Hell, I have a hard time broaching the subject with some of my Jewish friends because many of them are super liberal but not at all on the side of protesters. I checked on them after Hamas' attack, but I don't even know what to say to anyone anymore. 

I think the only message that might come through is from other persecuted groups who have a lot to lose in another Trump administration. I've seen other trans folk as well scared about people staying home over this because forces are actively continuing to attack them and would have even freer reign if Trump wins.

I've had this conversation with a few of my leftists friends and they don't hate me for voting for Biden because they understand where I'm coming from as a trans person. Even one of my friends asked if him not wanting to vote from Biden was coming from a place of privilege, and I was like, "that's very self aware of you to ask, but yes lol."

These are conversations I only really have in person because I hate talking politics on social media. This board is like my one online outlet to say all my silly thoughts. :p

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Could go in either this thread or the other thread

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

It’s the first time Biden has threatened to withhold U.S. military aid, and the most direct threat he has made in the seven-month war.

IMG-8811.jpg

I dunno, pretty sure Trump would be doing the same thing. Trump has proven time and time again that he cares about civilian death tolls. /s

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I dunno, pretty sure Trump would be doing the same thing. Trump has proven time and time again that he cares about civilian death tolls. /s

I honestly think Trump would be even worse, I think he'd actively enable Netanyahu like Trump did with moving the embassy to Jerusalem, etc. He loves fascists and dictators, so all I see him doing is sitting back and letting Netanyahu, Putin, Jinping, etc. do whatever they want for the most part. Whatever issues voters have with how Biden's dealing with Israel will be worse by a sizeable margin with Trump.