I'm going to my lesbian aunt's house to celebrate Easter by eating ham and lasagna.

Bacon

I sometimes cannot help but wonder if the "traditional" consumption of ham on both Christmas AND Easter -- the two most sacred feast days of the Christian liturgical calendar -- represents a subtle dig at Judaism and both its prohibition against the consumption of pork AND its rejection of the divinity of Christ.

• Halal 2

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I sometimes cannot help but wonder if the "traditional" consumption of ham on both Christmas AND Easter -- the two most sacred feast days of the Christian liturgical calendar -- represents a subtle dig at Judaism and both its prohibition against the consumption of pork AND its rejection of the divinity of Christ.

I watched a video the other day about how people eat lamb on Easter. I had no clue people did. The guy pointed out that more north and Midwestern people eat a holiday ham, but "wasn't going to delve into that topic." I totally thought a similar thought, but the guy also pointed out at at this time of year the Germanic areas would totally have cured meats such as pork and it was one of the safe meats to eats back in the day.

• Halal 1

24 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I watched a video the other day about how people eat lamb on Easter. I had no clue people did. The guy pointed out that more north and Midwestern people eat a holiday ham, but "wasn't going to delve into that topic." I totally thought a similar thought, but the guy also pointed out at at this time of year the Germanic areas would totally have cured meats such as pork and it was one of the safe meats to eats back in the day.

Oh yeah - lamb is absolutely a traditional Easter meal, especially among Greek/Eastern Orthodox Christians.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Nah, our fat asses just love ham.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I LOVE ham

it was good

lasagna was good

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I didn't like Easter as a kid, now I can just ignore it.

It's just another holiday the fam can all get together for us. Ate food, played hit or miss, went home.

• Hype 1

Just now, Bacon said:

it was good

lasagna was good

It's just another holiday the fam can all get together for us. Ate food, played hit or miss, went home.

My family is all about the church stuff and I ain't doing that. When I was a kid it just meant my mom made me go shopping for a new dress, I had to get extra dolled up for church, and I couldn't even change right after because we had to drive up to my grandparents and take photos.

• Sad 2

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My family is all about the church stuff and I ain't doing that. When I was a kid it just meant my mom made me go shopping for a new dress, I had to get extra dolled up for church, and I couldn't even change right after because we had to drive up to my grandparents and take photos.

dang that sucks

neither side of my family practiced the religious parts of easter or any holiday

it was all just a family gathering to eat food and socialize

never went to church, never dressed in my Sunday best or whatever, never said grace before eating

Just now, Bacon said:

dang that sucks

neither side of my family practiced the religious parts of easter or any holiday

it was all just a family gathering to eat food and socialize

never went to church, never dressed in my Sunday best or whatever, never said grace before eating

That's somewhat surprised for WV.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That's somewhat surprised for WV.

Well, we in Morgantown. I won't call it the Austin, TX of WV cuz lol it's still WV, but is less hick for sure. Accents are mild to none.

Everyone needs more lesbians in their life, they’re awesome; and having a gay woman as a best friend is the absolute best. Deep meaningful conversations and also “damn bro she’s hot” ones.

I went to my mom's house and she made salmon, with some sweet potatoes and green beans. Then we watched some episodes of Beavis and Butthead on P+ and wondered if they had the banned episode and turns out they do not, still banned. :p

17 hours ago, Bacon said:

but the guy also pointed out at at this time of year the Germanic areas would totally have cured meats such as pork and it was one of the safe meats to eats back in the day.

I find this especially amusing as the risk of contracting trichinosis from consuming undercooked pork must've been through the roof back then :p

On 3/31/2024 at 5:09 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I didn't like Easter as a kid, now I can just ignore it.

Lamb is delicious, though. Pass on the ham.

I wish I had a lesbian aunt.

I grew up with a non religious family and Easter was amazing when I was little. Easter egg hunt, get a bunch of candy anyway. Fucking ruled 

6 hours ago, Dodger said:

I grew up with a non religious family and Easter was amazing when I was little. Easter egg hunt, get a bunch of candy anyway. Fucking ruled 

Same. I'd always get presents on Easter, too.