Update: The "Willy's Chocolate Factory Experience" debacle in Glasgow, Scotland just keeps getting more absurdly hilarious

Commissar SFLUFAN

WWW.BBC.COM

Families say the event promising "enchanting suprises" but was little more than an abandoned warehouse.

Police were called to an event described as a "Willy Wonka Experience" in Glasgow as angry families demanded refunds.

The event was advertised as a "journey filled with wondrous creations and enchanting surprises at every turn".

But one visitor told BBC Scotland News that it was little more than "an abandoned, empty warehouse".

It was cancelled by organisers House of Illuminati mid-way through Saturday following complaints from parents.

They have said full refunds will be given to everyone who bought tickets, reported to have cost up to £35.

353d6a50-d49f-11ee-b110-939c4b7271e6.jpg

2a161780-d4a4-11ee-b110-939c4b7271e6.jpg

4dd0aaf0-d4a4-11ee-b83b-0f87a864f372.jpg

The organizers apparently used AI-generated images to sell tickets:

The AI-generated fantasy:

GHS3aa2XoAAljxw?format=jpg&name=360x360

The reality:

GHS3aa2W4AAcNZk?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 7

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The "Willy Wonka Experience" in Glasgow, Scotland left children in tears and the police called
10 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I. Am. Dyyyiiiing

It's hilarious but just imagine walking in with your family and seeing this shit? Who am I kidding, I'd burst out laughing immediately.  😆 

In fact I'd commend those that put this up. 

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's hilarious but just imagine walking in with your family and seeing this shit? Who am I kidding, I'd burst out laughing immediately.  😆 

In fact I'd commend those that put this up. 

I've actually had a similar experience.

MAPS.APP.GOO.GL

★☆☆☆☆ "My kids had a good time. There are some interesting things here but the price of entry is outrageous. $100 for four people. It’s two rooms with some water colors, crayons, and chalk at various stations. Some tablets with some games. A giant Lite Brite. Print your choice of text on a crayon paper. A sandbox. There were other attractions there but they cost extra and I wasn’t about to give this place any more...

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: The "Willy Wonka Experience" debacle in Glasgow, Scotland just keeps getting more absurdly hilarious

There was a pic somewhere of the food they served, which was a styrofoam box with a pile of lettuce and sliced tomato on top, and a couple pieces of toast with cheese on them.

Like I ate better when I was broke and living in the ghetto.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Reputator said:

There was a pic somewhere of the food they served, which was a styrofoam box with a pile of lettuce and sliced tomato on top, and a couple pieces of toast with cheese on them.

That's actually an improvement over what passes for standard British food!

• True 1

15 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Like I ate better when I was broke and living in the ghetto.

Are you sure it wasn't a picture of the "sandwiches" from the Fyre Festival? I think this place was literally just the single jellybean and half a cup of lemonade. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Are you sure it wasn't a picture of the "sandwiches" from the Fyre Festival? I think this place was literally just the single jellybean and half a cup of lemonade. 

Oh, I'm not sure at all.

Edit: yep that's what it was. Maybe someone mixed the events up or were drawing comparisons.

The official website:

WILLYSCHOCOLATEEXPERIENCE.COM

INDULGE IN A CHOCOLATE FANTASY LIKE NEVER BEFORE - CAPTURE THE ENCHANTMENT! Tickets to Willys Chocolate Experience are on sale now! at the willys chocolate experience in Glasgow! Tickets to Willys Chocolate Experince are on sale now!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: The "Willy's Chocolate Factory Experience" debacle in Glasgow, Scotland just keeps getting more absurdly hilarious
2 hours ago, Reputator said:

Oh, I'm not sure at all.

Edit: yep that's what it was. Maybe someone mixed the events up or were drawing comparisons.

People were definitely just drawing comparisons. 

• 3 weeks later...
WWW.EONLINE.COM

The organizer behind the Willy Wonka experience in Glasgow, Scotland, shared his feelings in the aftermath of the viral disaster.

"My life is ruined," he explained in the Channel 5 special Wonka: The Scandal That Rocked Britain on March 16. "I have lost my friends. I've lost the love of my life. I was made out to be the face of all evil. And genuinely, that's really not the case."

• Haha 1