Female ex-exec told she lacked “docility and meekness” sues TikTok

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

racist comedy central GIF

WWW.REUTERS.COM

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Many Chinese companies often make requirements regarding the height, weight, voice or appearance of female applicants.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-women-rights/china-tells-employers-to-stop-asking-women-about-marriage-and-babies-idUSKCN1QB1MX/

7 hours ago, Jason said:

WWW.REUTERS.COM

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Many Chinese companies often make requirements regarding the height, weight, voice or appearance of female applicants.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-women-rights/china-tells-employers-to-stop-asking-women-about-marriage-and-babies-idUSKCN1QB1MX/

No it has to be infiltration from America. We invented misogyny lmao.

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Hype 1

3 hours ago, Joe said:

No it has to be infiltration from America. We invented misogyny lmao.

We, like many other things, perfected it. Like “Italian” food.

WWW.CNN.COM

As Italy attempts to get UNESCO status for some of its famous foods, an unsavory dispute has erupted over two of its most popular staples after an Italian academic claimed...

15 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Anything Italy (or anyone else) did culinarily, China prolly did before them in some fashion. At least that is what I have learned every time I look up food history.

Just research Roman food to see how great Italian food was.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

guys

This thread is now about food which is way more fun to talk about than TikTok 

• Hype 2

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

We, like many other things, perfected it. Like “Italian” food.

WWW.CNN.COM

As Italy attempts to get UNESCO status for some of its famous foods, an unsavory dispute has erupted over two of its most popular staples after an Italian academic claimed...

Tomatoes are from Mexico, nothing Italy makes can be truly Italian 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm a pizza freak and I agree, pizza in America is better and more varied. I have watched millions of documentaries and videos on pizza and we win. Whether or not it was created in Italy is up for debate. 

It was clearly invented in Europe or western Asia and imported to the US.

I've never noticed that pizza in the US is better than anywhere else.  FWIW, the best pizza I ever had was in São Paulo. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Halal 2

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

EveryimeEverytime I see people eating pizza from Italy there is no crunch to it. It's usually floppy because of the ingredients used. I'd love to try an authentic piece of pizza from Italy but you can find better pizza in America. 

Something tells you me you don't visit NYC very often :p 

It doesn't matter where a dish "originated." If your country is doing it right, there will be continual cultural exchange from many places that influences and changes dishes, rendering it impossible to give an exclusive "origin."

However, Italian cuisine is still awesome, whether "pizza" originated there or not. Last I visited Rome, I enjoyed everything I had. Same goes for French cuisine (though I have not visited France, yet.)

Europeans also do bread so much fucking better, in that it's actually easy to get quality bread.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Counter-point: fish & chips

Second counter-point: Balut in the Philippines 

Fish and chips in fine, but no where near enough to salvage their cuisine.

I've never had Balut, and was unfamiliar until googling. That certainly seems like a low point :p 

2 minutes ago, legend said:

Fish and chips in fine, but no where near enough to salvage their cuisine.

I've never had Balut, and was unfamiliar until googling. That certainly seems like a low point :p 

I just feel like fish & chips is enough to put England ahead of the Philippines simply because of the existence of Balut

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I just feel like fish & chips is enough to put England ahead of the Philippines simply because of the existence of Balut

I'd need to investigate the rest of Philippines cuisine to say say for sure, but I'm sympathetic to this opinion!

29 minutes ago, legend said:

Something tells you me you don't visit NYC very often :p 

I've seen millions of pizza reviews in NYC and all the best rated establishments had a crisp/crunch to it.

In fact many believe New Haven in Connecticut has the very best pizza in the world. It's extremely thin and really crunchy.