How much storage do you have on your consoles/PC?

Remarkableriots

I was just thinking about how, at first, I didn't care how much space was on my PS5. I just have the 667GB of normal storage that it came with. But lately I've thought about some games that take a very long time to play but are also long downloads. When you want to play them but don't want the hassle of redownloading them by deleting something, you instead play something else. Anyone else have this problem?

I did have an external HDD, but I believe it's damaged. When I last attempted to connect, it recognized the storage for a short while. But then it would say storage was disconnected from the system incorrectly, and I couldn't get it to work again. I didn't even touch it when that happened.

13TB on my main PC I think, not at home at the moment so I can't say if I'm off. 

4TB SSD
4TB NVMe
2TB NVMe
1TB NVMe (OS Drive)

My living room PC has 5TB.

1TB NVMe (OS Drive)
2TB NVMe
2TB SSD

Bedroom PC have 2TB (Just an NVMe drive)

PS5 has a 2TB NVMe and a 4TB external SSD.

Steam Deck has 1TB NVMe and a 1TB MicroSD.

I also have a 160TB NAS if that matters.

• Like 1

7tb nvme/4tb external usb c ssd (t7) on desktop

512gb nvmd/4tb usb c ssd (t7) on laptop

2tb nvme/1tb micro sd on steam deck

2tb nvme on rog ally

2tb nvme/4tb standard external on ps5

1tb flash on iphone

1tb micro sd on oled switch

64gb flash on ipad!

I see the samsung t9 4gb is already down to $300 so I’ll probably pick one of those up at some point after I see what I get for xmas for my laptop and then another for my desktop whenever I fill up the t7

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m not a person that feels a need to hoard games and other media. When I finish a big game, I’m fine with deleting it. I used to be wore about it, but now it’s just whatever. I’m good. 

Same with the server. 12TB of space. We had all 20 seasons of the original Law and Order downloaded and just delete them as we finish a season. Not like I’m gonna rewatch it anytime soon, or ever. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

On Series X… always about 30-40GB left

I “love” how certain games monopolize HD space.

Things like Destiny 2, FF XIV, Warhammer Chaosbane, Star Trek Online, Warframe, etc. take up lots of space, and you play them for a very long time. It's hard to pick what to keep downloaded to play in short sessions. Especially when you want to try something different and out of space.

29 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Things like Destiny 2, FF XIV, Warhammer Chaosbane, Star Trek Online, Warframe, etc. take up lots of space, and you play them for a very long time. It's hard to pick what to keep downloaded to play in short sessions. Especially when you want to try something different and out of space.

yeah, therein lies the trap.. they monopolize the HD space so their games get that “short session” engagement by making sure theres no room for anything else..

with 1TB available master chief collection, cod, halo infinite, and GTA just eat up the space… whats annoying is that they have the capacity to split the SP from MP portion of games but force the MP launchers on you..

I have played about 30 mins of GTA online but have to keep it downloaded to go visit uncle trevor in SP

• True 1

8 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

yeah, therein lies the trap.. they monopolize the HD space so their games get that “short session” engagement by making sure theres no room for anything else..

with 1TB available master chief collection, cod, halo infinite, and GTA just eat up the space… whats annoying is that they have the capacity to split the SP from MP portion of games but force the MP launchers on you..

I have played about 30 mins of GTA online but have to keep it downloaded to go visit uncle trevor in SP

One of these days I would like to get to play that Master Chief collection and Infinite.

17tb internal + 4tb external PC

2tb + stock storage (800gb?) PS5

1tb stock storage + 3tb external HDD for prior-gen games XSX (I’d get more internal storage but it’s so overpriced due to lack of real competition and it being proprietary that I can’t bring myself to support it :p )

• Hype 2

i think the largest storage device i have is 1tb

i have 3 gigabit internet service though so it really doesnt take much time at all to grab something if i want to play it and dont have it

additionally i believe all the gaming services i use at this point allow you to start downloads remotely so if i get the itch for something specific i can start it before i head home and its ready to go when i get there 

My main PC has a 1TB boot drive, and a 2TB & 4TB "stuff drives".  Giving the 2TB drive to my son for the PC he's building.

Steam Deck has 512GB SSD and a 512GB SDCard.

At this point, I don't feel the need to have a ton of storage on my computers -- it normally takes less than 20 minutes to download and install a game I don't have locally.

• Like 1

I've never upgraded storage space on consoles, I just don't jump between games often enough to justify keeping a bunch of games on them.

My PC is a different matter, and I've been running low lately. Currently have a 2TB primary drive along with 12TB of disk storage, mostly for photos, all in RAID and backed up to both my local NAS and the cloud.

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I've never upgraded storage space on consoles, I just don't jump between games often enough to justify keeping a bunch of games on them.

for me it was because my internet suuuuuucked for a time. I probably don’t need more than the internal storage now. Though the wifi antenna in the Xbox sucks so much compared the antenna I have for my PC. My PC is like 2.5x faster at downloading stuff. Booo MS.  

• True 1

My main gaming PC has 4TB of NVMe, my Switch has a 512GB card, my laptop has a 1TB NVMe, and my server has 24TB of 15k drives...well, 24TB after the RAID.

My son's PC has 512GB+1TB. I'm in the middle of building him a Minecraft server. It has a mirrored 1TB NVMe along with 4x4TB SSD SAS drives. I just need to figure out if I want to go Windows or Linux on this server. I'm thinking Linux right now. He's been bugging me about all the mods he wants to try out and I just happened to have a spare Xeon workstation with with like 256GB of RAM.

• Halal 1