Do you still buy video game magazines?

Remarkableriots

I was just thinking about how it has been years since I bought a video game magazine. I would go through those a couple times, reading every article, and I brought mine to school when I was a kid. I would try to get Gamepro, PC Gamer, and Game Informer, depending on what was on the cover. Especially since when I would go shopping with my mom, I'd head to the magazine stand while she shopped.

I've never bought any. When I bought every game from GameStop I did have the membership so I got Game Informer with it, but I pretty much never read them. Now, I haven't been into a GameStop in years, I think 2017 is the last time I have been in one, so I don't get any magazines these days.

12 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Depends on what country you live in. Subbing to magazines printed in the country you live in made sense, otherwise buying at the newsstand could be cheaper.

Well last time I had a sub to a magazine it was in 2014 and it was to Elle magazine. I initially only wanted to get one issue but a sub was $10 which was like $4 more than a single issue so the greater value was getting the sub. This was off of Amazon too.

Everyone ITT lives in the united states, even you did at this time so my statement still stands, you're getting ripped off if you don't get a sub. :p

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well last time I had a sub to a magazine it was in 2014 and it was to Elle magazine. I initially only wanted to get one issue but a sub was $10 which was like $4 more than a single issue so the greater value was getting the sub. This was off of Amazon too.

Everyone ITT lives in the united states, even you did at this time so my statement still stands, you're getting ripped off if you don't get a sub. :p

When did @gamer.tv move to the US?

• Shocked 1

No, but I miss the days in my childhood when I would listen for the mail coming and run down in hopes that the newest issue of EGM or whatever would be there. I subscribed to like 3-4 gaming magazines at a time and I would read them all cover-to-cover every single month. It's wild to think of how slowly information traveled back then compared to now.

• Like 1

I think the last ones I bought were “special issues” for game releases that had exclusive art and or posters.. that was a while back.. I had game informer back in the fay because there were always ultra cheap deals (cause subscriber numbers were more important than subscriptions cause advertising)..

The thing that always annoyed me was going to barnes and noble and seeing the overseas mags being significantly better than local mags..

All the same I still keep and old stack, its good to see the old EGM “top 100 games of all times” list and see how thats evolved..

Rip Egm, Tips and Tricks, Nintendo Power, Edge, Game Informer, Incite..

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why were you subbing to Elle?

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why were you subbing to Elle?

My sister's subscription to Marie Claire allowed me to read this interview with a lady that I went on a few dates with.

WWW.MARIECLAIRE.COM

On a trip to Greece for Michelle Kramer's birthday, her husband, a succesful doctor who lavished her with gifts, vanished. Her search for him turned up shredded documents, survivalist gear, and $6...

She also went on Oprah.

WWW.OPRAH.COM

Michelle, a woman abandoned by her husband

• Sicko Sherman 1