Steam Deck OLED officially announced, update: "A beautiful display upgrade - and so much more" (Digital Foundry review)

Commissar SFLUFAN

11 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Just ordered the 512 GB model. 

Was fighting the urge all weekend, but fuck it, it's my birthday. Looking forward to carrying this with me in my work van for when I have downtime in between jobs. I might actually chip away at my PC backlo-- :jordan:

Awesome. Happy birthday!

• Haha 1

I've had a Steam profile for at least a decade, but I never used it until I got a gaming rig last year. I have always thought of it as an island, meaning when I'm playing it I'm usually isolated from any kind of social interaction. Like my Switch.

I've never really thought of it as a platform, just a launcher for my old PC games. But since I will have a dedicated device now, I suppose I should treat it as such. I've set up my profile for the first time in 10+ years. 

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my friend code is 130902846.

And yes, I have a few hentai games in my list. I'm not ashamed.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Husband ordered it the other day. He got his tracking today and it shows it being delivered Wednesday. Problem is, he's leaving for his parents' Wednesday and UPS is notorious for delivering late in the day, especially when it's something we're excited about.

Mom? Dad? Yeah listen I’m having some car trouble. I may have to go purchase a new battery. I’ll probably be leaving a lot later than I anticipated. 

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

Meanwhile, mine comes today! (sick as a dog but I gave up my weed strike so let’s gooooo)

I don’t even know if “sick as a dog” is a real expression, but this is the kinda thought you get to have at 5am on a Weekday after your first large hit of weed after two weeks or so.

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

I don’t even know if “sick as a dog” is a real expression, but this is the kinda thought you get to have at 5am on a Weekday after your first large hit of weed after two weeks or so.

It's real, I mean my dad used to say it and he said real things so I'm pretty sure it's real. :p

• Haha 1

Dog was considered an undesirable animal in the 17th century. So much so that there are a lot of phrases which refer to them negatively [tired as a dog, dog in the manger, down to the dogs, dog’s breakfast, dirty dog, etc.]. Sick as dog refers to being so sick that one may feel like vomiting. The first literary use of the expression is in 1705. The phrase still reflects in a negative sense as it was intended back then. Source: theidioms.com

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Dog was considered an undesirable animal in the 17th century. So much so that there are a lot of phrases which refer to them negatively [tired as a dog, dog in the manger, down to the dogs, dog’s breakfast, dirty dog, etc.]. Sick as dog refers to being so sick that one may feel like vomiting. The first literary use of the expression is in 1705. The phrase still reflects in a negative sense as it was intended back then. Source: theidioms.com

I did look it up, but it was such a disappointing answer I didn’t want to report it back :P