Steam Deck OLED officially announced, update: "A beautiful display upgrade - and so much more" (Digital Foundry review)

Commissar SFLUFAN

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Speaking of? Did they ever even officially cancel dual boot support off ssd?

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The Steam Deck’s initial Windows support lacked audio output before addressing that in May of last year, but we’ve been waiting for an update on dual-boot ever since. Now, Valve...

I don’t believe it will ever happen. Valve should pivot from windows to getting native Game Pass support on Deck. 

Just now, Brian said:
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The Steam Deck’s initial Windows support lacked audio output before addressing that in May of last year, but we’ve been waiting for an update on dual-boot ever since. Now, Valve...

I don’t believe it will ever happen. Valve should pivot from windows to getting native Game Pass support on Deck. 

I can’t support this comment hard enough! 100%

Just now, stepee said:

@best3444 do you have comcast? If so have your parents upgrade their modem to the latest one with wifi6e - which this supports now. It’s free. You would then be able to play ps5 games remotely on this well. The devs of the app are even working on hdr support! 

We no longer have Comcast. It was switched 2 months ago. That sounds fucking amazing. Let me dig into this further. 

Just now, best3444 said:

We no longer have Comcast. It was switched 2 months ago. That sounds fucking amazing. Let me dig into this further. 

I only asked Comcast because I’m familiar with the process, but I’m sure the cable company you have also will allow you to do the same if you ask

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

best3444 and zonetime. 2 names?

Ok I see a Zonetime but I don't think I have Best3444 on there

This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
If you know this person, encourage them to set up their profile and join in the gaming!

join in the gaming best!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

To be clear you can stream from ps5 out of the box with this, it’s just it’s not the best encoding and wifi6e helps the quality of the stream tremendously.

Holy shit that's so awesome. I tried streaming on my PS5 and it was a disaster. But with wifi6e it will look normal?

Just now, best3444 said:

Holy shit that's so awesome. I tried streaming on my PS5 and it was a disaster. But with wifi6e it will look normal?

Exactly, your phone might support it too even, but obviously deck will be better to play it. It will drastically reduce the shit stream quality, at least it did for me.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Exactly, your phone might support it too even, but obviously deck will be better to play it. It will drastically reduce the shit stream quality, at least it did for me.  

We are through a 3rd party company that works with Comcast but its not officially Comcast internet. I'll see if they can upgrade. 

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

@Nokra defied orders but it was OK I guess since best is already my friend.

Yeah sorry, I saw the link and clicked it, realized we weren't already friends and added you, then returned to the thread and scrolled down to learn that a link is only good for one person. :blush:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Yeah sorry, I saw the link and clicked it, realized we weren't already friends and added you, then returned to the thread and scrolled down to learn that a link is only good for one person. :blush:

I might be mistaken then since if you used the first link, that means two people used the same link meaning more than one person can use it. :thinking:

• Hype 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I might be mistaken then since if you used the first link, that means two people used the same link meaning more than one person can use it. :thinking:

Actually I added you after best already said he tried the link. I noticed that it couldn’t be right but felt lazy and didn’t want to explain it.

Just now, stepee said:

Actually I added you after best already said he tried the link. I noticed that it couldn’t be right but felt lazy and didn’t want to explain it.

But he tried it and we were already friends it seems so I think that doesn't count as using it :p

Anyway, just going by this, "NOTE: Each link can only be used once and automatically expires after 30 days."

38 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They told me it shipped from SoCal and Van Nuys was the first scan and they live 10 minutes away from there.

Apparently, I needed to actually log in to the UPS website to get details other than "Label Created." UPS is showing it is still shipping from Carol Stream, IL. So hopefully I'll end up getting it tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Just ordered the 512 GB model. 

Was fighting the urge all weekend, but fuck it, it's my birthday. Looking forward to carrying this with me in my work van for when I have downtime in between jobs. I might actually chip away at my PC backlo-- :jordan:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - first handheld pc?