Steam Deck OLED officially announced, update: "A beautiful display upgrade - and so much more" (Digital Foundry review)

Commissar SFLUFAN

14 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

So will the steam deck play most steam games? Most of my games are older so none of them are really demanding, but I didn't know if there was a compatibility thing. I guess if some of them don't have controller support?

Yes it will play everything in your steam collection. It will also play almost anything else besides Gamepass. Everything will support gamepad that did natively but also part of the point of the deck are the trackpads and super customizable controls so you will be fine with your collection.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

If anyone wants to encourage best, I’ve offered him oled Switch or oled Deck, and while Switch has two great games right now, I think deck would be best.

Wait, you're offering me the freakin Deck!? I'd absolutely love that because I lay in the bed all the time doing nothing but I could be gaming. 

59 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

So will the steam deck play most steam games? Most of my games are older so none of them are really demanding, but I didn't know if there was a compatibility thing. I guess if some of them don't have controller support?

Depends on how old. Like some games are so old they won't even run on a normal PC. Maybe this is improved but some use funky launchers which might not work. Controller support shouldn't be too big of an issue like stepee said the track pads put in a lot of work.

As always, download Desk Job.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It’s pretty good for recent things. Stuff more than 10 years old can be hit and miss. If you look on the Steam Page for the game, it will tell you if it’s compatible. 

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s not letting me buy it for him - like just not letting me. Getting mad.

At launch we are restricting purchases to 1 model of Steam Deck OLED per customer per week. We plan to relax this restriction once we are confident we can meet demand.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

or @Keyser_Soze you are trustworthy if you can take the cash and buy it for him!  

Yeah I could do it. You have paypal?