Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (Official Teaser Trailer)

69los

1 hour ago, Brick said:

I didn't realize they were making a sequel. I thought Afterlife wasn't a hit, but maybe I am wrong. 

It was a $75M movie that made $129M domestic and $203M WW. Certainly not a profit center, but not a complete disaster.

I know they did a lot of merchandising around it, so I wonder if that aspect is what drove them to keep this going, otherwise it's probably Sony just desperate to keep any franchise going.

I never even saw Afterlife. Did people like it?

5 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

It was a $75M movie that made $129M domestic and $203M WW. Certainly not a profit center, but not a complete disaster.

I know they did a lot of merchandising around it, so I wonder if that aspect is what drove them to keep this going, otherwise it's probably Sony just desperate to keep any franchise going.

I never even saw Afterlife. Did people like it?

I enjoyed the hell out of it and the ending was very emotional!

• Like 1
  • True 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's at 45% on RT so far, which makes it the worst rated Ghostbusters movie.

I watched Afterlife, which was fine. It's very much The Force Awakens, but Ghostbusters. It's kind of weird how it venerates everything Ghostbusters. It's not enough to have nostalgia, it has to be in awe of it's own nostalgia, which felt kind of weird for a comedy. Still, it was fun enough to not be a complete disaster. I might go see Frozen Empire just because there isn't much else out, but we'll see.

Went to see this movie tonight. My wife signed up for some AMC rewards program a while back, and sometimes they do member only screenings of new movies.  My kids were really excited to go and got extra pumped when we pulled in and saw the Ghostbusters car parked out front of the theater. There was probably 15 people dressed up in full costume and gear which was fun. Most of them were part of the Central Pennsylvania Ghostbusters (didn’t know that was a thing) and they raise money for charity.
DLRV9kD_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

ffR335U_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr
The screening was in a nice big theater and was rather empty besides us, the “ghostbusters”, and maybe 4 other families.  I thought the movie was fun. I’m not the best at rating movies these days. I feel like older kids and teens will like it. Adults will think it’s fine with plenty of “remember that/remember that person” moments. My kids are 10 and 12 years old and they LOVED it. Had some good jump scares for them.  The story centers a lot around the girl, Phoebe Spengler, so like the last movie, it feels like it’s geared toward the young adult crowd. Some mild complaints(pretty much spoiler free):

Phoebe has a few scenes with another girl that I thought drag on a little too long. Another was that I didn’t think the “big bad” of the movie was really utilized much by the end of the movie. You see in the previews that the city freezes over but I thought they could have explored a lot more with that.

Actually my favorite part of the movie was just the first 3 or so minutes of the film. I think I would have liked to see a story set in that time a lot more. Might be able to do some fun stuff there.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

I hated Afterlife and went into this one with low expectations. Basically only saw it because I work at an indie theater and get to see movies for free.

It’s more functional than Afterlife and has more humorous moments but it’s still not really a comedy. There’s too many characters and most of them are barely given anything to do. A better and less-safe movie would have focused more on the lesbian ghost relationship. Still, I was entertained enough at the time until the last 20 when it devolved into a CGI-goop fest.