Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (OLOLOLO @ that title) - Official Trailer (24 May 2024)

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (OLOLOLO @ that title) - Teaser Trailer (24 May 2024)

I have a lot of hope for this project given Wes Ball is directing (directed The Maze Runner trilogy, which was low key pretty good). And one of his best skills is depicting an eco-post apocalypse and good CGI integration. And Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, who wrote the first two entries, are back writing this one. First three films are great so I'm in.

I really like the Apes trilogy. I revisited them recently and they hold up very well. Still hard not to be slightly skeptical of this.

I didn't recall these movies being profitable enough to justify another entry, but looking back at it, they did pretty well internationally. Still, this is far from a guaranteed success given that it can't possibly be cheap.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (OLOLOLO @ that title) - Official Trailer (24 May 2024)