Nebraska mother sentenced to two years in prison for giving daughter abortion pills

Jason

Court documents in the case revealed that Facebook’s parent company Meta supplied police with the private Facebook messages that Celeste and Jessica Burgess had sent one another. In one message, Celeste told Jessica: “Remember we burn the evidence.”

Jessica Burgess was set to undergo a court-ordered psychological evaluation ahead of her sentencing. But the evaluation was canceled due to lack of funding, according to KTIV.

Dystopian on every level

• Guillotine 1

I wonder what has caused Americans to assume such extreme positions.

Most of the World --   Women should be free to have an abortion in the first trimester (up to 13-15 weeks).  Abortions can be had later if there is danger to the mother's life and/or the fetus is nonviable.

American Right -- Once the sperm has entered the vulva, though shalt not do anything to prevent birth on pain of prison.

American Left -- Until that baby is born, at least 90% out of the vagina, it's a fucking clump of cells that can be aborted on a whim.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Most of the World --   Women should be free to have an abortion in the first trimester (up to 13-15 weeks).  Abortions can be had later if there is danger to the mother's life and/or the fetus is nonviable.

American Right -- Once the sperm has entered the vulva, though shalt not do anything to prevent birth on pain of prison.

American Left -- Until that baby is born, at least 90% out of the vagina, it's a fucking clump of cells that can be aborted on a whim.

How about you go fuck yourself and disappear from this sections of the forums again. I really don't have the energy to argue with a fuck like you. You tried to argue a slippery slope argument in the past as your starting point. 

So again go fuck off into the sun.

36 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The position actually is that since 99%+ of abortions at that stage are for emergency medical reasons, putting a barely passed the bar 1st year lawyer who's on call at 2am into the decision making process (who's sole responsibility is to protect the hospital, not the patient) is a really bad idea. 

"Most of the world" gives sole override authority to the doctor and that decision isn't subject to review. 

• Halal 1

35 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Mainstream democrats: “we want roe as law of the land”

the “American left” you made up here: wizard of oz dorothy GIF

Like “the left wants at will abortion up to and even after birth” is the most deranged made up bullshit that I see on tv and in ads right now since there’s very contested state elections here this November, and what I have seen here for years and yet with full legislative control the democrats in no state have suggested this let alone pass it in to law. 

log off and touch grass

• True 1

20 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And the biggest thing that the enlightened centrist both sides morons don’t get is that the right wing you think of actually holds office and makes these insane laws but the left you think of is loud online. But they’re the same!

God I can't reiterate this point enough. Centrists will compare some 17 year old on Youtube to actual sitting Senators and members of Congress, as if it's even close to the same shit.

• True 2

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Uh...yes?

I didn't make my newsworthy comment as transparent as I actually feel about it. In a properly functioning society, this is a difficult thing to try to litigate - not just the pregnancy but the subsequent mistakes these two individuals made in how they handled it (ignoring whether or not you feel they were in the right to terminate the pregnancy). 

But I feel like the people who are "pro life" and super passionate about that side get the sense that this is how MOST abortions occur, and it's absolutely true that the grifters and people who want to make this always THE issue people vote on encourage that line of thought. When in reality this is a very unusual case, but because it is unusual it will get a ton of headlines and national play. Which just reinforces that misconception. 

So it's like...yes... this should be reported on I guess, but we are far too broken of a society for any good to come out of this. And the media does a poor job of providing context with the abortion issue in general, so there's just no shot.