College Football 2023 - Life In the Post Stetson Era

Keyser_Soze

On 12/3/2023 at 11:36 PM, Ricofoley said:

I kind of hate the 12 team format the more I think about it, because it means that a lot of the late season rivalry games that are usually absolutely seismic in importance, like most recent OSU-Michigan games, kind of don't matter as much, and might not even be the only time the two teams play each other in the same season. That said, putting Bama in over an undefeated FSU in a 4 team playoff is absurd and I guess you might as well expand the field as much as possible if you can't trust them not to do shit like this.

Rematches can be a ton of fun. LSU-Bama had a hell of a regular season game, so the idea of a national championship rematch was exciting. Yeah, the championship game wasn't the same, but I don't think that's because it was a rematch; it just happens that way sometimes.

• True 1

On 12/3/2023 at 11:36 PM, Ricofoley said:

I kind of hate the 12 team format the more I think about it, because it means that a lot of the late season rivalry games that are usually absolutely seismic in importance, like most recent OSU-Michigan games, kind of don't matter as much, and might not even be the only time the two teams play each other in the same season. That said, putting Bama in over an undefeated FSU in a 4 team playoff is absurd and I guess you might as well expand the field as much as possible if you can't trust them not to do shit like this.

I agree. I think 8 teams would have been more than enough. But it’s all about money. Also Bama was 1 failed Hail Mary against Auburn to be a 2 loss team. No way they deserved to jump a undefeated Florida State. 

• True 1

WWW.ESPN.COM

Former Texas Tech quarterback Tyler Shough, a seventh-year senior who turns 25 next year and also played at Oregon, is transferring to Louisville, he posted on social media Tuesday...

A seventh year senior at the age of 25 will be playing college football next year. Lolololololol 

7 minutes ago, Brian said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

Former Texas Tech quarterback Tyler Shough, a seventh-year senior who turns 25 next year and also played at Oregon, is transferring to Louisville, he posted on social media Tuesday...

A seventh year senior at the age of 25 will be playing college football next year. Lolololololol 

That's the problem with kids these days. No one wants to work. Get a job you shiftless loser!

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@ThreePi NIU dominating right now.

Kicker ran for a 45 yard TD on a FG fake, then was so busy celebrating the team had to take a time out because he forgot he was supposed to be the one to kick the extra point. :lol:

I never actually followed NIU sports. Went to I think two games in those 4 years. Fun to see them doing well, I suppose.

• Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I never actually followed NIU sports. Went to I think two games in those 4 years. Fun to see them doing well, I suppose.

I don't necessarily follow them either but they always seem to make a bowl game and pull out a bunch of tricky stuff so I might sneak a peek at the games just to see what they'll do.

No, this is not proof that the CFP committee got it right by leaving Florida State out. Don't start with that nonsense

Lololololol yes it is. 
Sorry Cry Me A River GIF by Offline Granny!

What’s the point of all these bowls when the best players sit out? Once the CFP expands to 12, cancel all of these other bowls. Thanks 

• Haha 1
  • True 2

I agree with @Brian  Every bowl game except for the 6 college playoff games should never be played again. Ever. 

And instead of crying why Florida State was left out why not ask why a Georgia team who won 29 straight SEC games, was #1 for basically 2 straight years, and won back to back National Championships dropped from #1 to #6 because they lost by 3 points to a very good Alabama team on a neutral field. If that was Bama no fucking way they would have dropped to #6 and been left out. You’ll never convince me otherwise. 

WWW.ESPN.COM

Georgia coach Kirby Smart spoke out about the flood of opt-outs and portal entries on teams playing in non-playoff bowl games following his Bulldogs' 60-point blowout of a depleted Florida State squad in Saturday's Orange Bowl.

As a non-American, I don't understand the Bowl system.  Why play games for teams post-conference championship for teams that have been eliminated for the national championship?

They sound like glorified exhibition games.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm surprised they are making the Michigan game the earlier game. I figured you'd want to give that one a prime time slot over Texas and Washington

Any time on New Years day is prime time. Everyone is off drinking by 11am. 

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm surprised they are making the Michigan game the earlier game. I figured you'd want to give that one a prime time slot over Texas and Washington

Sugar Bowl in New Orleans would be a horrible early afternoon game. I'm sure the economic impact of a night game will help the city and its bars/hotels tremendously.

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Sugar Bowl in New Orleans would be a horrible early afternoon game. I'm sure the economic impact of a night game will help the city and its bars/hotels tremendously.

You really underestimate the huge amount of drunks off today. 

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You really underestimate the huge amount of drunks off today. 

Where would you like to watch a football game and when its over go out to the city to party your ass off all night long at? 

The Rose Bowl is Pasadena or the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans?