College Football 2023 - Life In the Post Stetson Era

Keyser_Soze

Well last year the peach bowl started at 8:21 est between Ohio State and Georgia and the early game was TCU and Michigan

and the year before that the Orange Bowl started at 7:30 est between Georgia and Michigan.

Basically all three of you are full of it and the later game this year should have been the Michigan game.

41 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well last year the peach bowl started at 8:21 est between Ohio State and Georgia and the early game was TCU and Michigan

and the year before that the Orange Bowl started at 7:30 est between Georgia and Michigan.

Basically all three of you are full of it and the later game this year should have been the Michigan game.

We will put you on the CFP committee next year

59 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A big difference between 8:21 and 9PM.  Last night's late game ended just before 1AM.  A typical prime time NFL game ends before midnight.

Final Rankings are out:

1) Michigan -- B1G

2) Washington -- B1G

3) Texas -- SEC

4)  Georgia -- SEC

5) Alabama -- SEC

6) Florida State -- ACC

7) Oregon -- B1G

8) Missouri - SEC

9) Ole Miss -- SEC

10) Ohio State -- B1G

11) Arizona -- PAC-12

12) LSU -- SEC

13) Penn State -- B1G

34 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's ALL sports talk radio has been discussing this morning, ESPECIALLY here in the DC area.

No doubt he has a very proven record of winning with both college and professional teams. I’d love for him to come to Atlanta. 

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Given that the Chargers have their QB position settled, you gotta think they are the front runners.  The Raiders beat writers/influencers are convinced that the Raiders HC job is between Harbaugh and Pierce.

Them dudes played hard for Pierce

• True 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Them dudes played hard for Pierce

The defence was good.  The offence was dogshit.

How good would the defence be without Patrick Graham at DC? (i.e. how much was him, how much was AP?)

What would he do to turn around the offence? (I suspect not much)

IMHO, you can't create a successful playoff run in today's offence without a really good offence -- and I am skeptical if AP can deliver that.  I'd rather ride with Harbaugh, or someone offensively focused.

In the end, I would rather they pick a GM first, and have that person be VERY involved in picking the coach.  (Even though I recognize, it will probably be decided by Mark Davis alone.)

WWW.ESPN.COM

Florida State football was placed on two years' probation by the NCAA and must distance from its NIL collective for a year after using NIL offers as a recruiting inducement.

College football continues to have the stupidest rules. First, they penalize Harbaugh for scouting, now they penalize FSU for using NIL in recruiting. 

• True 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
WWW.ESPN.COM

The College Football Playoff hasn't unveiled its first 12-team field yet, but discussions on a 14-team field beginning in 2026 are already raising eyebrows among Big 12 and ACC...

Lololololol maybe focus on stopping your teams form leaving for the B10 and SEC instead of worrying about a bye. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 2:22 PM, Brian said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

An agreement has been reached on a new contract for the College Football Playoff. The new deal begins in 2026, with a 14-team playoff still a possibility.

It’s official B10 and SEC run college football 

When 12 of last year’s top 15 will play in those conferences, that’s completely understandable.