What are your thoughts of Biden pulling out of Afghanistan?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

He isn't racist but just confused. My mom is the ring leader and is delusional about the real world. She has lived in a bubble her entire life and I'm embarrassed by their views. You make great points so I will definitely let him know. 

It’s okay, everyone is a little racist. My Dad also has political views he’s tricked into by exploiting his racism. But I hate to be the one tell you, if you keep barking up this tree, you will definitely find some good ol fashioned racism at the root of a lot of his core beliefs.  

Just now, stepee said:

It’s okay, everyone is a little racist. My Dad also has political views he’s tricked into by exploiting his racism. But I hate to be the one tell you, if you keep barking up this tree, you will definitely find some good ol fashioned racism at the root of a lot of his core beliefs.  

Maybe. I try not to engage with him about this stuff but it's all my parents talk about. Like right now he is yaking at me because I read your post to him.  😄 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

This is true

white people are trash 

• Hugs 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

What kind of consequences should an immigrant face for coming to the united states?

No idea? Now he is blaming my mom for his views. He said he isn't conservative or liberal but would like a military leader to be president. 

• Guillotine 1

All I know is you don’t watch the nightly klan meeting (fox news) every night without turning it off in disgust if you aren’t at least a little racist. I feel that is putting it generously. Or if you have some weird masochistic thing going on like ort. 

Racism isn’t a gene you inherit. It’s not something you get to decide for yourself if you are or aren’t, either. It’s typically learned behavior. If he’s otherwise a good person and only watches and repeats racist propaganda because he is confused/brainwashed, he’s still racist, it just means maybe there is a chance he could snap out of it and become less racist. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

All I know is you don’t watch the nightly klan meeting (fox news) every night without turning it off in disgust if you aren’t at least a little racist. I feel that is putting it generously. Or if you have some weird masochistic thing going on like ort. 

Racism isn’t a gene you inherit. It’s not something you get to decide for yourself if you are or aren’t, either. It’s typically learned behavior. If he’s otherwise a good person and only watches and repeats racist propaganda because he is confused/brainwashed, he’s still racist, it just means maybe there is a chance he could snap out of it and become less racist. 

He said your racist for saying this.

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

Anyway heading off to hang out in SF by the beautiful ocean  warzone, someone else has to argue with your Dad now 

It’s definitely hilarious to me when I hear what the right wing media says about my city, like sure we have issues but we’re way better than your areas by a mile.

• Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

One last thing he said then I'll drop this because he is too far gone. He is pissed his taxes are paying for Hunter to live in the white house. Does that even make sense?

All I will say here is let him know that my I love Hunter t-shirt just shipped this morning!

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

One last thing he said then I'll drop this because he is too far gone. He is pissed his taxes are paying for Hunter to live in the white house. Does that even make sense?

No it doesn't make sense, he lives in Malibu, and secret service is renting a place next to him, they do this for all presidents families.  The best part is having not heard this one before, looking it up and of course finding it started with some conservative op-ed just claiming he lived in the WH because he went to camp David 2 weekends in a row with his father, some chud says something and the rest parroting it till all of them have said it and essentially becomes reality to conservatives.

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

No it doesn't make sense, he lives in Malibu, and secret service is renting a place next to him, they do this for all presidents families.

Im trying to get ready here but man yeah it was so stupid now I can’t get it out of my mind. Like, if you are mad about wasting tax dollars on Huhter…what the fuck do you think the Republican House is doing lol - like that’s actually literally wasting tax dollars on him for a charge nobody cares about that they could do for way cheaper without the theatrics. 

And then the fact that is plainly factually incorrect is bad too.

Thanks a lot for keeping this civil because I know it's absolutely batshit crazy what he thinks. 

I have enough information on this subject to feel as though I was educated on this and feel better. I am finishing speaking with my dad for the rest of the day. 

Afghanistan: Evacuating from an airport in the middle of a dense city was insane. We should have kept Bagram and figured out how to get people out from there. 

Border: The border between Gaza and Egypt is tiny, less than 8 miles long. One side is controlled by the Israeli Army, the other by the Egyptian Army, neither likes the Palestinians. They can't control that border to stop the smuggling of weapons into Gaza. The idea we can control the US Mexican border, which is 2,000 miles long, is fantasy. Especially when the cartels are funded by the American drug addict. 

• Halal 1

The border is just a dumb topic, majority of the people crossing turn themselves in and claim asylum, and most smuggling happens at border crossing points, most conservatives seem to think its all tunnels and hundreds of people crossing in the cover of darkness and scattering, lol.   Basically the entire issue of "The Border" can't be solved at the border, but back in the countries of origin, and the drug issues here.

10 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

It’s definitely hilarious to me when I hear what the right wing media says about my city, like sure we have issues but we’re way better than your areas by a mile.

Was an absolutely beautiful day today down by the piers/wharf!