What are your thoughts of Biden pulling out of Afghanistan?

13 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is a fucking stupid post. 20 years, billions of dollars, and thousands of lives are nothing to you?

20 years and how many hospitals were built? how many schools, how many roads and power plants. If the mission was nation building it's an earned failure. But that's not what war is about.

• True 1

43 minutes ago, unogueen said:

20 years and how many hospitals were built? how many schools, how many roads and power plants. If the mission was nation building it's an earned failure. But that's not what war is about.

War is about exhibiting sexuality without the genitals 

• True 1

4 hours ago, unogueen said:

Quite a bit of them were built actually, lol.  That wasn't the part of nation building that failed, building a stable government not rife with corruption is what failed.  I'm sure you're right though and that the average Afghan was worse off when the US was there, and that the Taliban would have built way more schools and hospitals.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Quite a bit of them were built actually, lol.  That wasn't the part of nation building that failed, building a stable government not rife with corruption is what failed.  I'm sure you're right though and that the average Afghan was worse off when the US was there, and that the Taliban would have built way more schools and hospitals.

Listen

everything is americas fault to China-bot 

7 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

How dare they sneak attack you.

23 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

Afghanistan: Evacuating from an airport in the middle of a dense city was insane. We should have kept Bagram and figured out how to get people out from there. 

That's the part of the Afghanistan withdrawal operation that I never got any sense of clarity on though I do believe that the logic behind it was that because everyone who was going to be evacuated was already located in Kabul, the risk factor of having them traverse the nearly 40 miles from Kabul to Bagram was evaluated as unacceptably high, especially since there simply wasn't enough military vehicles or helicopters to facilitate it.