~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

If things don't go belly up, and we win at least the House on Tuesday, Trump makes it damn hard not to be a sore winner.

His obsession with winning being the only thing that matters makes it hard not to do a victory lap on the takeover being rooted in how many tens of millions of people Trump inspired to loath him with a fiery, burning passion ( @ort ).

Except it won't be his fault, it'll be the GOP's fault. He can do no wrong.

Its amazing really, just as the Boomers are starting to fade the GOP became absolutely toxic to Millennials which are on the verge of becoming the major voting demographic in the US in the near future and would be now if they voted at the same rate.  Its also truly amazing the Boomers went from protesting the government over the lies of Vietnam uncovered by the news media, to believing the president who lies more than any other right to their faces and calling reporters the enemy of the people...

5 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its amazing really, just as the Boomers are starting to fade the GOP became absolutely toxic to Millennials which are on the verge of becoming the major voting demographic in the US in the near future and would be now if they voted at the same rate.  Its also truly amazing the Boomers went from protesting the government over the lies of Vietnam uncovered by the news media, to believing the president who lies more than any other right to their faces and calling reporters the enemy of the people...

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't go too into the generational thing; I'm always uplifted by boomers who are excited about the younger generation taking the reigns and voting in a way that is better for our future, and plenty of boomers are like that.

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I never understood the outrage over killing an American citizen if that citizen is taking up arms against the US in a foreign country. Americans caught in WWII for the Germans, should they have been exempted from attacks?

WWII was a declared war so that's one difference.  Another difference is that as far as I know, the US government has produced no evidence that Anwar al-Awlaki participated in the operational planning for any attack. Without that evidence, he was essentially killed for exercising his freedom of speech (from a certain perspective).

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Quinnipac also has Menendez +15.

Either they're picking up on something others are not, or there's a Dem lean in the polls. 

Please, if you're in Florida and you haven't voted yet, act as if these pollsters are high.

Most if not all recent polls have been falling more for dems.

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Most if not all recent polls have been falling more for dems.

Indeed they have. NYT was showing that.

On the other hand, 538's has been pretty stable, but that also means a stable lead for Dems in Florida.

What I'm hoping happens is Gillum does what I was hoping he'd do which is bring new people to the polls and do better with whites than other Democrats. Tomorrow can't come soon enough so I can stop thinking about this.