So WTF, is Jamie Foxx going to die?

I’m just so glad I’m able to look at an argument like this, see both sides of it and where they are coming from, and know my white cis male ass has no fucking insight whatsoever and slowly back away while nobody is looking!

It's not about being sensitive. I'm not even saying Foxx's jokes themself crossed the line, simply that he was breaking roast etiquette.

I won't defend Doug Williams' jokes. His joke about Monique was very cringey. But the time to fire back at Williams was after his set was over.

It's hard to talk about comedy with non-comedians because they assume if I have a problem with an "offensive" joke it's because I'm too sensitive. I'm a middle school teacher at a school with only 20 white people in it including me. I won't pretend to have the same perspective as a person of color but I'm not exactly a stranger to the type of roasting that happen in communities. I receive that type of roasting from my kids on the daily so if I was truly sensitive to it I would have quit months ago.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I’m just so glad I’m able to look at an argument like this, see both sides of it and where they are coming from, and know my white cis male ass has no fucking insight whatsoever and slowly back away while nobody is looking!

Sometimes there isn’t a right answer, and discussion is mostly about being open to see an issue from multiple POVs to understand why different people may feel so differently about the exact same thing. But we like to have winners and losers in everything.

12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

my Aunt LeAnna probably could have been a comic in another life. Just natural story telling ability, perfect timing. She will give anybody and everybody the business.

We all got Aunts and Uncles and Cousins and siblings like this :lol: The Barber shop is another source of black comedy gold.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Sometimes there isn’t a right answer, and discussion is mostly about being open to see an issue from multiple POVs to understand why different people may feel so differently about the exact same thing. But we like to have winners and losers in everything.

Yeah it’s just so much easier when you know when to put things into read-only mode.

Well, this thread went down a road. The conspiracy theories at work are quite interesting. The top ones, currently, are that P-Diddy had him poisoned because he was going to out Puff Daddy about liking little boys and/or the guy that 'owns all of Hollywood' had him poisoned because Foxx was going to speak out about Hollywood sex parties. I imagine these theories come from the TikTok.

• Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is me taking the L... Later.

The way you talk to me makes me sad. I'm worried about losing my job as a trans teacher and constantly feel like nobody respects me or values anything I have to offer. If you feel good about yourself then continue to do so but I currently I feel so unappreciated in every area of life and it really gets to me sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

The way you talk to me makes me sad. I'm worried about losing my job as a trans teacher and constantly feel like nobody respects me or values anything I have to offer. If you feel good about yourself then continue to do so but I currently I feel so unappreciated in every area of life and it really gets to me sometimes.

Wasn't talking down to you and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I treat everyone the same. Topic was getting heated for no reason and I disengaged. It's all love... as i said we have a difference of perspective. neither is right and neither is wrong. it's all good :peace:

• Hugs 2

18 minutes ago, Derek said:

Well, this thread went down a road. The conspiracy theories at work are quite interesting. The top ones, currently, are that P-Diddy had him poisoned because he was going to out Puff Daddy about liking little boys and/or the guy that 'owns all of Hollywood' had him poisoned because Foxx was going to speak out about Hollywood sex parties. I imagine these theories come from the TikTok.

There have been a LOT of conspiracy theories regarding Jamie Foxx... Katt Williams started a lot of them :p there's a lot of jealousy amongst black comedians but I have heard some... interesting stories about Foxx. Nothing with little kids or anything, but I have heard he's pretty adventurous sexually Billy Porter Reaction GIF by Pose FX

The argument was that this is normal and that Doug Williams likely took it in stride. But a quick google search will show that he did not in fact take it in stride, and still seems hurt about it 20 years later. Seems to invalidate the argument that this is normal and happens all the time in the comedy world, whether black or white.

AP22044361564235.jpg?strip=1&w=640
KTLA.COM

Actor Jamie Foxx is “out of the hospital” and “recuperating” after suffering “a medical complication” in April, according to his daughter Corinne Foxx. The Oscar…

Guess he has been out for weeks and even playing Pickleball. So, I guess he is not going to die yet!

• Halal 1

On 5/11/2023 at 6:43 PM, Brick said:

What makes you say that? I remember @NeoJoe sharing a story of him being very friendly, and gracious when he Foxx stayed at his hotel. 

Oh man, I hope he's ok! And yes, in the 3 years I worked at the W hotel in South Beach he was a pretty regular guest and every single time was the kindest, funniest, and coolest guest. I specifically remember when the hotel first opened and we didn't have our shit together sometimes even VIPs had to wait for their rooms and he was always very chill about it. Always left big envelopes with money for each department so we could split for tips. He brought his daughter a couple of times with her friends and they were very sweet too.

• Halal 5

5 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

Oh man, I hope he's ok! And yes, in the 3 years I worked at the W hotel in South Beach he was a pretty regular guest and every single time was the kindest, funniest, and coolest guest. I specifically remember when the hotel first opened and we didn't have our shit together sometimes even VIPs had to wait for their rooms and he was always very chill about it. Always left big envelopes with money for each department so we could split for tips. He brought his daughter a couple of times with her friends and they were very sweet too.

I’m glad to hear this! I always liked his work and hearing first hand it definitely changes my perception!

On 5/12/2023 at 2:34 PM, Derek said:

P-Diddy had him poisoned because he was going to out Puff Daddy about liking little boys and/or the guy that 'owns all of Hollywood' had him poisoned because Foxx was going to speak out about Hollywood sex parties. I imagine these theories come from the TikTok.

Oh Jesus please don't be true...

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Law Abiding Citizen... not a bad flick.

Yeah, just edited my post. Just went to imdb and look for it.

For years people had been saying the reason why Butler didn't "win" was because Foxx wanted his character to win and "forced" whoever to make it so and Foxx got the ending changed so his character would win. Later I found out that was false.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
Collage-Maker-14-May-2023-06-27-PM-2085.
DEADLINE.COM

Jamie Foxx is hosting another game show for Fox. The actor, who has been recovering from experiencing a medical complication, and his daughter Corinne Foxx are hosting guessing game show We Are Fam…

So he's dead and it's gonna be a deepfake or clone  :silly:

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

For real. I swear I don’t care but at this point I’m more intrigued because I keep seeing headlines but no actual info. Not very common.

He works a lot, there's probably some kind of contract negotiation he's in at the moment

• Halal 2