Your personal top 5 exclusive PS5/XSX games

best3444

Why limit yourself only to newest games being the “best of the best?”  The fact that we have so many high scoring remakes this year suggests that old games are often designed better.  They’re less focused on being GaaS and don’t rely as much on skill trees for progression.

There’s also plenty of indies that don’t push current hardware that are worth your time.  Go play Hades if you haven’t.

@CastlevaniaNut18 I have Ratchet lined up right after I complete TLOU2. Thanks.

I beat Ragnarok twice so I am completely finished with that. 

32 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Why limit yourself only to newest games being the “best of the best?”  The fact that we have so many high scoring remakes this year suggests that old games are often designed better.  They’re less focused on being GaaS and don’t rely as much on skill trees for progression.

There’s also plenty of indies that don’t push current hardware that are worth your time.  Go play Hades if you haven’t.

Could you please list a few titles you have in mind?

I also want to attempt Demon Souls again but the last time I tried I got fucked! I also have Kena: Bridge of Spirits downloaded.

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

How are we defining "exclusive" when it comes to the XSX as everything released for that system also appears on the PC?

I think we are going by a game that only appears on one system or the other. The topic is a bit confusing but I believe that Best is asking for a list so he can play them so games that appear on PC won't apply to him.

• Thanks 1

You said Top 10 in the title and Top 5 in the first post. :p I'll just go with 7 and meet in the middle.

Since there's no point playing the PS4 versions if you have a PS5:

Astro's Playroom

Demon's Souls Remake

God of War: Ragnarok

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Returnal

Sackboy: A Big Adventure 

For indies, Hades and The Forgotten City are both excellent games and very different from each other.

The funny thing is with backwards compatibility, sometimes you forget that some games you're playing are actually PS4 and don't have PS5 versions (like the Contra Anniversary Collection or Mass Effect Legendary Edition or The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles).

I don't think I've ever had as many games as I do at this point in a system's life. Between Sony's games and third party offerings, the number of games has been overwhelming and I don't even have PSVR2 yet.

• Thanks 1

• best3444 changed the title to Your personal top 5 exclusive PS5/XSX gamess
30 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think we are going by a game that only appears on one system or the other. The topic is a bit confusing but I believe that Best is asking for a list so he can play them so games that appear on PC won't apply to him.

Yes, perfectly said. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You said Top 10 in the title and Top 5 in the first post. :p I'll just go with 7 and meet in the middle.

Since there's no point playing the PS4 versions if you have a PS5:

Astro's Playroom

Demon's Souls Remake

God of War: Ragnarok

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Returnal

Sackboy: A Big Adventure 

For indies, Hades and The Forgotten City are both excellent games and very different from each other.

The funny thing is with backwards compatibility, sometimes you forget that some games you're playing are actually PS4 and don't have PS5 versions (like the Contra Anniversary Collection or Mass Effect Legendary Edition or The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles).

I don't think I've ever had as many games as I do at this point in a system's life. Between Sony's games and third party offerings, the number of games has been overwhelming and I don't even have PSVR2 yet.

I fixed the thread title. :p

I played all the games you listed except for sackboy. Demon Souls kicks my ass and I don't think I can beat that. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Could you please list a few titles you have in mind?

If we're not limited by current gen it could be anything.  But since I brought up indies, here's a few of my favorites over the years:

A Hat in Time

Abzu

Antichamber

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Guacamelee

Hades
Hollow Knight
Inside

Omno

Ori games

Rime

Shovel Knight

Slay the Spire

The Swapper

To the Moon

Transistor

Supraland

Undertale

What Remains of Edith Finch

VVVVVV

Yoku's Island Express

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair

40 minutes ago, stepee said:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Psychonauts 2 

Rachet

Deathloop

Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury

FUCK I keep forgetting I own Psychonauts 2!!! 

I have Ratchet next after I beat TLOU2. I'm already 20 hours in in two days. 

I played Deathloop for like 10 hours and it got to repetitive but it was definitely very unique and cool. I won't go back to that.

I also have FF 7 remake downloaded so that is a high possibility for me to tackle shortly. This might be the winner.

Thanks a lot for taking time to post in this thread. I appreciate it. 

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Yep, FF7 remake is worth playing.  Finish Xenoblade 3 first though. ;)  You’re so close.

I just am not in the mood to play that right now. Kinda like how I dropped Metroid Prime a few weeks ago too. I get in weird gaming routines and my tastes in games change weekly.  😆 

• Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

@Biggie tell this mother fucker he needs to just start ff7 remake 

I am 2 hours into Ratchet though. Its only 11 hours so I want to knock that out then I'm going to finally play FF7! I started it up for a few minutes and it looks beautiful visually which you know is extremely important to me. :angel:

• best3444 changed the title to Your personal top 5 exclusive PS5/XSX games
43 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

The more I think about it the PS5 is likely to be my last console pending the PC parts market getting even more screwy. Can’t think of a single game that isn’t on or won’t eventually be on PC…

Excluding whatever the hell Nintendo is up to. 

I’ll jump over temporarily to console whenever there’s just reason to.  I’m pretty glad I have a PS5 at the moment, as opposed to paying an arm and leg for a GPU and still seeing shader stutters.  Some games I don’t mind playing on PS5… for now.

I can think of at least a couple recent-ish ones.  I doubt we ever see the Crash Team Racing remake ported.  There’s some holes in Microsoft’s lineup (Halo 5, most Gears games, etc ).  On Sony’s side, we’re never seeing The Last Guardian or the Gravity Rush games revisited.