Your personal top 5 exclusive PS5/XSX games

best3444

27 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I felt the game was kinda overrated myself. I enjoyed it though. 

Curious if you played the original or not? I thought it was a 9/10 myself, but I never played the original so maybe it all being new to me elevated my experience. 

53 minutes ago, stepee said:

I honestly think FF7R was underrated by critics a little, maybe would have been better if it launched with the ps5 version. But everyone seems to love it.

It’s a 9/10, IMO.  The questionable bits drag it down, but it’s a fun while it lasts on the whole.  They have their work cut out for them to make Rebirth as fun of a trip.

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

Curious if you played the original or not? I thought it was a 9/10 myself, but I never played the original so maybe it all being new to me elevated my experience. 

I’d say you’d still get more out of it having played the original.  The ending will make more sense.  So will some of the twists, as inconsequential as they are for Remake (but perhaps not Rebirth).

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

I typically cite the original as my favorite game ever. Not sure if I truly feel that way anymore but it’s always my answer to that question. 

• Halal 1

42 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

The soundtrack is by far my favorite part of the game. 

Some of the new tracks (Ghoul, Valkyrie) stack up to the classics, which is incredible, but the new take on Tifa's Theme, or the variations of Fighting (like Crab Warden) and Still More Fighting (like Airbuster or Arsenal), are really freaking good. Even the

Spoiler

Rufus

battle theme they composed rocks.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

9 was the best original Playstation Final Fantasy (other than tactics) not sure why my Steiner brother didn't feel the same. :thinking:

Listen you don't have to sell me on FF9. I was like 12-14 range when I played FF7 for the first time though and the nostalgia is just too strong. That was back when games seemed, I dunno, infinite in a way. In my memory I played FF7 for like 800 hours and it never got boring to me. Of course that isn't what happened but my dumb brain thinks it is!

10 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Listen you don't have to sell me on FF9. I was like 12-14 range when I played FF7 for the first time though and the nostalgia is just too strong. That was back when games seemed, I dunno, infinite in a way. In my memory I played FF7 for like 800 hours and it never got boring to me. Of course that isn't what happened but my dumb brain thinks it is!

7 is better than 9, or at the very least has aged better.  The battle system moves quicker.  It has better developed antagonists, higher stake twists, more fun side activities, and doesn’t quote bad George Lucas in the 11th hour.  Plus no subplot that hand-waives child abuse as better than having no family.

6 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

7 is better than 9, or at the very least has aged better.  Partly because the battle system moves quicker.  But it also has better developed antagonists, higher stake twists, more fun side activities, and doesn’t quote bad George Lucas in the 11th hour.  Plus no subplot that hand-waives child abuse as better than having no family.

I find them to be relatively near the same quality, comes down to personal preference and what flavor of batshit you’re willing to put up with for the late game plot lol. But they’re very different games which was something I loved about the PSX final fantasy games. 

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Are you positive that FF7 remake Intergrade is the full game just with the added dlc? I'm watching reviews on YouTube and it's so confusing to me if this is the full game with dlc. 

FF7 Remake Intergrade is the DLC and main game. The reviews you're watching are probably just covering the DLC because the DLC came after.

I don't think there is a way to buy the DLC separately from the main game

0GxrqnoNV8rIHsGCE1hjAKSF.png
WWW.PLAYSTATION.COM

Please note that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE Digital Deluxe Edition contains certain items not available in this bundle. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE expands upon and reimagines the spectacular world of the original PlayStation® game. It covers up through the escape from Midgar and is the first game in the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE project. INTERGRADE is a bundle that includes both REMAKE...

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Are you positive that FF7 remake Intergrade is the full game just with the added dlc? I'm watching reviews on YouTube and it's so confusing to me if this is the full game with dlc. 

Yes it should be.

0GxrqnoNV8rIHsGCE1hjAKSF.png
WWW.PLAYSTATION.COM

Please note that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE Digital Deluxe Edition contains certain items not available in this bundle. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE expands upon and reimagines...

This is the correct product here which is the full game and the dlc included. The dlc is called Intermission and is included with the ps5 version if you are buying it for the first time. If you had the ps4 version and upgrade then you have to buy the dlc separately.

• Thanks 1