Napoleon (starring Joaquin Phoenix, directed by Ridley Scott) - Official Trailer #2

napoleon-photo.jpg
MOVIEWEB.COM

Starring Joaquin Phoenix as Napoleon Bonaparte, Napoleon will hit theaters ahead of its streaming release on Apple TV+.

Theaters Nov. 22 and then Apple TV after. 

How did I not know this? Did I know and forget?

I wish we got Kubrick's Napoleon but I'll take it.

• Shocked 1

He is making one, the recent The Last Duel was excellent, so long as the screenplay is good Ridley Scott has still got it (don't want another Exodus: Gods and Kings). Evenr recent Ridley Scott historical "biopics" like All the Money in the World and House of Gucci were still beautifully shot and directed. 

*checks to see who is credited with writing the screenplay*

So it's solely written by David Scarpa, responsible for co-writing The Last Castle (good movie) and for solely writing the Keanu Reeves The Day the Earth Stood Still remake (bad movie) and Ridley Scott's All the Money in the World (good movie). Not a lot to go on, but promising. He also seems to be writing the script for Ridley Scott's upcoming Gladiator 2 as well.

• 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Napoleon (22 November 2023 - starring Joaquin Phoenix, directed by Ridley Scott) - Official Trailer
1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

How come this historical person hasn't had like ten movies made about him in the past 40 years? Not complaining, just amazed that the originality black hole of Hollywood hasn't tried mining this "IP" before.

I don't get it either. Give me a Napoleon Cinematic Universe, with a spin-off of the Peninsular War.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yep - Denzel Washington has already been chosen to star, among some others. Yes, they are making a Gladiator 2 and sadly no, they aren't making Nick Cave's bonkers script from years ago.

Well, I guess I never expected Blade Runner 2049 to be good and it's one of my favorite SciFis of the last 20 years or so, so maybe they can make it work!

• True 1

36 minutes ago, stepee said:

does he have a late bronze age collapse video and can I have the link instantly if so

Unfortunately, no. It takes him 6-12months to make each video so what’s currently available is a bit limited. He’s been teasing Vietnam and The Second Punic War for a bit, though.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Unfortunately, no. It takes him 6-12months to make each video so what’s currently available is a bit limited. He’s been teasing Vietnam and The Second Punic War for a bit, though.

Is there a way to donate to him to have him not do Vietnam 

• 1 month later...
WWW.WORLDOFREEL.COM

Ridley Scott’s “Napoleon” hasn’t even been released yet, but its filmmaker is already banging the drums for his original director’s cut to get released.

Ridley Scott says he has a 4.5 hour cut…so if it’s anything like Kingdom of Heaven then the theater cut will be fine, and the director’s cut will be fantastic. 

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There are people here afraid to watch Lawrence of Arabia no way they're watching a 4.5 hour film.

If you’re referring to me (since I’m the only one who posted about Lawrence of Arabia :p ), I’m not afraid to watch it, I just don’t have a consecutive 4+ hours to dedicate to a movie and I don’t want to play it in the BG and not pay attention :p 

47 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If you’re referring to me (since I’m the only one who posted about Lawrence of Arabia :p ), I’m not afraid to watch it, I just don’t have a consecutive 4+ hours to dedicate to a movie and I don’t want to play it in the BG and not pay attention :p 

I think people other than you have posted about it. I can't remember these things! :p

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

You could always pause and come back to it at another time if you don't have time all at once.