whiskey

SuperSpreader

I don't drink whiskey anymore outside of drinking very nice whiskey on holidays and such. Cheap whiskey gives me heart burn and nice whiskey is too expensive to make into a habit.

I usually get my dad a nice bottle for his birthday/holidays and take a few glasses as tax.

I don't drink hard alcohol at home and I'm pretty much exclusively a vodka soda person at bars now. I used to be a beer+shot person, but that resulted in me getting entirely too drunk far too often. Drinking vodka sodas, I rarely get sloshed. It's 2 or 3 over the course of an hour and a half or so and then I go home and go to bed.

1 minute ago, SmugPrick said:

you can tell the difference between a jack daniels and a blantons. Blantons is liquid gold. 

Same with tequila. I always thought all tequila tastes like garbage water until the first time I had Clase Azul. My brain opened up like "so THIS is what tequila is supposed to taste like?!" It was like drinking dessert.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Whiskey tastes much better when it's old (aged in a barrel).  The brand is less important.

even Jack Daniels is aged. Most cheap whiskey is still aged 4 years. That's what gives it color. Unaged whiskey is clear. I've had unaged whiskey before, it was like drinking ethanol... mostly because that's pretty much what it is, I suppose.

I think Blanton's is aged 6 years. Or maybe 8. Something like that. Definitely less than 10.

55 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

even Jack Daniels is aged. Most cheap whiskey is still aged 4 years. That's what gives it color. Unaged whiskey is clear. I've had unaged whiskey before, it was like drinking ethanol... mostly because that's pretty much what it is, I suppose.

I think Blanton's is aged 6 years. Or maybe 8. Something like that. Definitely less than 10.

The longer it is aged, in general, the better it is. Most stuff that is aged that is aged less than 12-years should probably used with a mixer. 

• Thanks 1