Has commerse basically ruined us?

Everytime I leave the house it's a rare day where I don't spend a buck. Our function is our defining characteristic, mapping onto a scale of logistic values. If you don't have a number you are not a citizen. Waiting to propose solutions is like dying to live. What the fuck is this shit.

Ya we went down the wrong path at some point. I don't worry about it too much. Make yourself as happy as you can be and wait to die I guess. If the species goes extinct due to capitalism it is what it is. 

I don't care that much about buying a gas car or an EV car because while yes I should have gotten a hybrid if the future of downfall of humanity can in anyway be traced to my car purchase we can't be saved. It would be too late if a single person with a gas car is the breaking point for our climate. Grim dark but developed nations rather focus on cash money because the global South is expendable. 

Edit: Our inaction on climate change speaks volumes. It boils down to our society evolved to a point where it's ok to rip someone off and you should be lauded for doing it.

• Halal 1

46 minutes ago, unogueen said:

Our function is our defining characteristic, mapping onto a scale of logistic values.

If you don't have a number you are not a citizen.

Waiting to propose solutions is like dying to live. 

These sentences don't mean anything. 

• True 1

7 minutes ago, CayceG said:

These sentences don't mean anything. 

Human psychology gives me the feeling he is asking why are we so focused on cash money to the detriment of everything else. If you don't work you can't really live in our society and are considered trash for the most part. He feels the problem is so bad that waiting to solve it is the equivalent of living your life with the express purpose of dying. 

I guess I'm our @unogueen translator. I'll add his language to my database if he conforms my interpretation. Probably have to translate that too.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

If you don't work you can't really live in our society and are considered trash for the most part.

This isn’t an invention of commerce :p 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

You think the delinquent teen today. In the old days working meant living the next day. There's a speech out there that the proof of a fixed femur was really the high point of our species. We got here through kindness. All these other measures don't matter.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It isn't but I'm translating his thoughts from unogueen to English. 

I just find it fucked up because we live in an outright lethal universe and we are alone for the moment. Makes more sense to be nice and help anyone and everyone when possible.

Edit: Anyone want my job? Translating for him/her/it is reminding me too much of my attempts to repair my old marriage. Alot of detective work but if I gotta do it I gotta do it.

• Like 2
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, unogueen said:

We got here through kindness.

Did we? Human history doesn’t seem very kind. Matter of fact, we probably live in the kindest period of human civilization ever and it’s still a pretty unkind world.

Just now, sblfilms said:

Did we? Human history doesn’t seem very kind. Matter of fact, we probably live in the kindest period of human civilization ever and it’s still a pretty unkind world.

Absolutely not. The middle ages enjoyed a period of commerce before whitey took the better deal as murder. Maybe your anglocentric mind has an issue with it, but there's proof of a world before white people. It's not kind, but this is something else.

2 minutes ago, unogueen said:

Absolutely not. The middle ages enjoyed a period of commerce before whitey took the better deal as murder. Maybe your anglocentric mind has an issue with it, but there's proof of a world before white people. It's not kind, but this is something else.

You’re making the claim of a kinder world, show your evidence.

6 minutes ago, unogueen said:

Sure, what else do get if the american stamp wasn't so large. show evidence.

As per usual, you have nothing more than nonsense to say. Well, if you decide you want to have an actual conversation and give some basis to your ‘kindness’ hypothesis, I’d be happy to hear it.

I have a story of me and my sister wandering off to a point we were at a hobo's table. He had scant sliced vegetable that he sprinkled with lemon juice. I ate a piece of onion and thought it was delicious. My mother would find us suddenly and we would depart with her. Was he a pervert or a time maker?

I'm always amused that some of the oldest examples of human writing on cuneiform tablets involved accounting records and a customer complaint:

Ea-nasir travelled to Dilmun to buy copper and returned to sell it in Mesopotamia. On one particular occasion, he had agreed to sell copper ingots to Nanni. Nanni sent his servant with the money to complete the transaction.[8] The copper was considered by Nanni to be sub-standard[9] and not accepted.

In response, Nanni created the cuneiform letter for delivery to Ea-nasir. Inscribed on it is a complaint to Ea-nasir about a copper delivery of the incorrect grade, and issues with another delivery;[7] Nanni also complained that his servant (who handled the transaction) had been treated rudely. He stated that, at the time of writing, he had not accepted the copper, but had paid the money for it.

15 hours ago, unogueen said:

I have a story of me and my sister wandering off to a point we were at a hobo's table. He had scant sliced vegetable that he sprinkled with lemon juice. I ate a piece of onion and thought it was delicious. My mother would find us suddenly and we would depart with her. Was he a pervert or a time maker?

Actually you got it backwards, he was a time onion! :o

Some more information about Ea-Nasir who seemed to have had quite the "reputation" for less-than-scrupulous business dealings:

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

Over a dozen cuneiform tablets from Ur record the failed business dealings of Ea-Nasir.

Based on more than a dozen surviving tablets squirreled away in his own house, archaeologists have discovered that Ea-Nasir was a big-shot copper trader, dealing mostly in wholesale ingots, but also in the finished metal products and, on occasion, textiles and foodstuffs.

At the beginning of his career, Ea-Nasir was buying and selling for the palace at Ur and was considered a good credit risk. But at one point, he began spending more time in Dilmun, causing his creditors to write him nasty letters asking where their stuff was. This is where we pick up his story, through the eyes of his ripped-off customers.

The full text of the customer complaint cuneiform:

Now, when you had come, you spoke saying thus: 'I will give good ingots to Gimil-Sin'; this you said to me when you had come, but you have not done it. You have offered bad ingots to my messenger, saying 'If you will take it, take it; if you will not take it, go away.' Who am I that you are treating me in this manner -- treating me with such contempt? and that between gentlemen such as we are. I have written to you to receive my money, but you have neglected [to return] it. Repeatedly you have made them [messengers] return to me empty-handed through foreign country. Who is there amongst the Dilmun traders who has acted against me in this way? You have treated my messenger with contempt. And further with regard to the silver that you have taken with you from my house you make this discussion. And on your behalf I gave 18 talents of copper to the palace, and Sumi-abum also gave 18 talents of copper, apart from the fact that we issued the sealed document to the temple of Samas. With regard to that copper, as you have treated me, you have held back my money in a foreign territory, although you are obligated to hand it over to me intact. You will learn that here in Ur I will not accept from you copper that is not good. In my house, I will choose and take the ingots one by one. Because you have treated me with contempt, I shall exercise against you my right of selecting the copper.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

29 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Because most of what people hate about modern economies is just humanity taken to its logical end. Civilization is a fight against nature.