NVDA’s new AI is all about making eye contact

Spork3245

I  think my preference would be to calibrate it with the screen center rather than always at the camera.

That is, if the person is looking at their screen where the participates are rendered, render it as them looking at the camera.

If they are looking somewhere else, show that as looking away from the camera.

I guess my camera is too high up, because when I tried this it was horrible. I would be looking at my screen straight on, with my camera roughly level with the top of my head, and the rendered eyes kept flickering and when it did render, it looked alien because my face would be clearly straight but my eyes would be unnaturally looking up to the camera.

33 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I can see this coming in handy when reading a script or something... so that nobody sees your eyes scanning left to right. Other than that though I don't see what other practical use it could have.

Yeah I was going to say good for bad prompter readers though it might look a bit weird to see someone staring the whole time without moving their head like people do when they are reading a prompter.

9 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I can see this coming in handy when reading a script or something... so that nobody sees your eyes scanning left to right. Other than that though I don't see what other practical use it could have.

I’d imagine it’ll also be handy for people with two monitors on a work zoom call that are using their second monitor to watch YouTube/shows/movies or play a video game while on the call. :angry-fap-small:

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1