It frustrates me knowing that Nintendo are sitting on both Zelda and Metroid Prime HD collections.

gamer.tv

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've certainly had my disappointments with Nintendo over recent years, but we've gotten waaaay more quality content that a Zelda and a Mario.

What are the "quality" titles that are must plays other the Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey? Kirby?....

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What are the "quality" titles that are must plays other the Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey? Kirby?....

Kirby, Animal Crossing, 2 Fire Emblem games, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Metroid Dread, Smash Ultimate, we got a shit ton of new courses in Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Triangle Strategy, Shin Megami Tensei V, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc.

And you can argue about the quality of the latest Pokemon games, but every iteration sells a bundle.

Yeah, there's been a decent bit of high quality games for the Switch. You can say some of those just aren't for you personally, but saying there's only a Mario and Zelda and nothing else is just not accurate.

Between me and the husband, we've got 68 physical Switch games, plus I have no idea how many more that are digital. I've been pretty satisfied with the system as a whole. Lot of people have.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Kirby, Animal Crossing, 2 Fire Emblem games, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Metroid Dread, Smash Ultimate, we got a shit ton of new courses in Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Triangle Strategy, Shin Megami Tensei V, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc.

And you can argue about the quality of the latest Pokemon games, but every iteration sells a bundle.

Yeah, there's been a decent bit of high quality games for the Switch. You can say some of those just aren't for you personally, but saying there's only a Mario and Zelda and nothing else is just not accurate.

Between me and the husband, we've got 68 physical Switch games, plus I have no idea how many more that are digital. I've been pretty satisfied with the system as a whole. Lot of people have.

I wouldn't touch any game you listed. I guess I grew out of Nintendo and have absolutely no interest in their games anymore. PlayStation has everything I want and then I have XSX for their 2 exclusives and gampass. 

Next gen I'll have PC too. Nintendo is dead to me now.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wouldn't touch any game you listed. I guess I grew out of Nintendo and have absolutely no interest in their games anymore. PlayStation has everything I want and then I have XSX for their 2 exclusives and gampass. 

I mean, good for you. You like what you like. I'm just pointing out the obvious silliness of saying Nintendo has done nothing worthwhile or quality aside from 2 games in the last 6 years. That just comes off like some IGN fanboy trolling from way back in the day.

There's nothing on Xbox for me, but that doesn't mean I'd call Halo or Gears shit series or anything.

• Halal 1

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wouldn't touch any game you listed. I guess I grew out of Nintendo and have absolutely no interest in their games anymore.

You said you haven't enjoyed their games since the Gamecube.  If you've given any Nintendo games since a fair shot, then let's actually talk about specific ones.  It's better than beating around the bush.

If that's not the case, all we can do on the other end is say you've missed out on some amazing games (and new franchises) over the years, many being all-time greats IMO.  And not just on Switch either.  When did you actually go dark on Nintendo?

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, good for you. You like what you like. I'm just pointing out the obvious silliness of saying Nintendo has done nothing worthwhile or quality aside from 2 games in the last 6 years. That just comes off like some IGN fanboy trolling from way back in the day.

There's nothing on Xbox for me, but that doesn't mean I'd call Halo or Gears shit series or anything.

I'm far from a fanboy. I've owned every console each gen. Nintendo is garbage to me but I'm happy you enjoyed the handful of games that isn't Mario or Zelda.

48 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

When did you actually go dark on Nintendo?

After I beat Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Nothing since has interested me.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I would enjoy a lot of those games! I've always wanted to try the Luigi Mansion games.

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

After I beat Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Nothing since has interested me since. 

The Switch's best games were front loaded for quite a while.  The console did little for me for several years.  Basically it became my wife's Animal Crossing machine, and my occasional Hades / Torna / Slay the Spire portable.  So I can see it.

That's changed today, with Metroid Dread and Xenoblade 3 being 9.5 / 10 games to me.  Luigi's Mansion 3 and Forgotten Land have my interest.  Breath of the Wild 2 is on the way, Pikmin 4 is as well, so is the stand-alone XB3 DLC.  All this has gotten me to play more Switch recently, including a few second-shelf titles I've been putting off (ie: Mario Rabbids, Origami King, Age of Calamity).  Far as I'm concerned, they're back.  I only wish they got to this point sooner, their games got real discounts, and we had better hardware by now.

39 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I would enjoy a lot of those games! I've always wanted to try the Luigi Mansion games.

I'm making my way through 2 right now.  It's pretty good, certainly better than the Ghostbusters game.  But I hear 3 is the one that's something special.  First game is interesting, but suffers from being a launch title that's over too soon.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm far from a fanboy. I've owned every console each gen. Nintendo is garbage to me but I'm happy you enjoyed the handful of games that isn't Mario or Zelda.

After I beat Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Nothing since has interested me.

It’s more than a handful, but okay. And I didn’t say you were a fanboy, just that your post came off like the troll posts of a decade or more ago. There are obviously quality games continuing to be released. They may just not be for your tastes and that’s fine. I’m just someone who enjoys a wide variety of games. 

40 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I love the series. I’d recommend them all. 

• Like 1

Crispy is correct in that the first game is the weakest as it was a launch title and short. I think I played it after 2? Not sure now. But I still liked it quite a bit. I think it took me maybe 7 hours.  2 really improved on a lot and I got 18 hours in it according to my 3DS log. 3 was definitely the best and it was around 20 hours for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

How is nobody talking about Bayonetta? They're all on the Switch and they're all so good.

• True 1

18 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Bahhhhh, I forgot to mention that one. And I was thinking of it, too. I really enjoyed the first game, gotta get to the other two.

I personally think they get better with each entry. You go from fighting on a falling building to fighting on fighter jets to using bullet trains as rollerblades to skate through a city as a kaiju. Every entry is just begging to figure out a way to top the ridiculousness of the previous in the most awesome way imaginable.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I'm making my way through 2 right now.  It's pretty good, certainly better than the Ghostbusters game.  But I hear 3 is the one that's something special.  First game is interesting, but suffers from being a launch title that's over too soon.

Hey the Atari one by Terminal Velocity is good. The MP one is okay. I have to check if it got updates. But ya Luigi's Mansion does hit that Ghostbusters video gaming void.

Also I do want to shout out the Genesis Ghostbuster game. Only bad thing about it is them not including Winston.

On 1/15/2023 at 10:08 PM, best3444 said:

On 1/15/2023 at 10:34 PM, best3444 said:

were you genuinely curious or hoping to prove a point if they couldn’t list more than a couple games? 

Even if they’re not your cup of tea there is no denying that the Switch has a very large stable of high quality games (and new Pokemon games) that you can’t get anywhere else. I didn’t enjoy my Switch nearly as much as I had hoped too either. My Sister though, plays theirs probably more than they played their XSX, Xbone, and X360 combined. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1