What other boards do you post on?

stepee

Do any of you post on any other message boards frequently?

This is the only one that I post on frequently. Other gaming message boards, all the posters always just seems like caricatures of the overall board vibe instead of real people and I don’t trust their opinions to even be their actual opinions.

I view resetera and have maybe like 20 posts there, but they fit into what I just said above. I feel like 90% of the posts are just people repeating other peoples opinions they read on resetera (which was an opinion they read from someone who based their opinion on what someone on resetera said) rather than an actual thought. 

It can be interesting to watch because you can see it start in an impressions thread with one person complaining about some minuscule thing like a missing shadow under a rock in one level, and then it goes on for pages of people talking about that missing shadow, and then even like 5 months later you will see someone pop in to a thread about the game and be like “glad you liked it but I just couldn’t deal with all the missing shadows”

Now, the initial comment this of course fine, that rock in this theoretical game SHOULD have a shadow damnit! It’s just the way it all plays out makes me not trust anyones opinion and makes it hard to gauge real impressions on games in any meaningful way.

Besides that for non gaming boards I visit lpsg.com but only for when I need help for something. But they are actually useful because they seem like real people and some of them have been around forever. Definitely good to have a place like that for advice on something that can be hard to find people irl that can relate to.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

This is the only board I post on reliably. I occasionally chime in on Resetera, must with a comment of "Are you sure? Does that seem reasonible?" and I somewhat active on reddit under a few gaming realted threads. 

I do also like that foot guy on resetera because of his DF video summaries so I don’t have to watch the videos (nothing against DF, everything against videos)

• Halal 1

I wish there were other message boards still active that weren't so exclusive to one niche or weren't complete poison. There's something about the sweet spot of feeling like I know something about the people posting (contextualization), but it's still a degree removed from something like a facebook feed.

At the same time, while Discord servers are more personal in some way, it always feels like joining into a conversation late. You know when you meet up with friends at a bar and when you sit down you realize they are deep into a discussion about something that you can't understand without context? That's what discord is like all the time. With message boards, it's like you can wind back time to see where the conversation started.