Official World Cup 2022 thread cuz someone has to make it.

Zaku3

33 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Really solid game so far, kind of worried about USA 's chances to get out of the group though.

Sorry about the lack of comments on this game though I've been pretty legitimately excited. Just eating ramen and standing close to the TV and bouncing up and down like I'm a kid again.

it would be a disaster if they didn’t get out of the group 

22 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The joke is good because it rings true. All I'm getting from this thread is that soccer isn't a good experience in person since there's no TV announcer. Or that if it is in person then you need to have a buzz which nobody at this World Cup can do.

The vibe is more like baseball.

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Personally I think it's more of an NBA vibe. There is a constant level of excitement at a soccer match.

Except it's not, it ebbs and flows even though there's no rounds or time outs. The announcers job is to let you know when to pay attention.  When you're live you can just see when the strikers are close, you're not off in the kitchen.

11 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Except it's not, it ebbs and flows even though there's no rounds or time outs. The announcers job is to let you know when to pay attention.  When you're live you can just see when the strikers are close, you're not off in the kitchen.

Except it is. I’ve been to NBA games and I’ve been to MLS and Primera División matches. Every sport has ebb and flow. And those had much more in common in terms of vibe than they do with any of probably a hundred MLB games I’ve been to. 

19 minutes ago, johnny said:

terrible terrible second half by usa. they should have beaten Wales. now they need to beat the piss out of iran and hopefully tie or beat england. 

Wales nor US doing anything other than lose to England. I think both can beat Iran, so it feels like differential will be key

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Wales nor US doing anything other than lose to England. I think both can beat Iran, so it feels like differential will be key

You clearly have never watched the World Cup before if you think England is incapable of a spectacular collapse.  :p

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Is this the thread where I'm supposed to pretend I give a shit about soccer? 

This is a thread where you can enjoy a sport once every 4 years soaked in national pride and a ton of heartache. If people can fucking muster excitement for curling in the Olympics than I can’t imagine people can’t find enjoyment in watching soccer at this event. Join us bud. Maybe you can forget your constant dread about life for a little bit. 
Team Usa Football GIF by U.S. Soccer Federation