Pelosi to talk political future today, has two separate speeches written

pelosi-gty-ml-221117_1668694936913_hpMai
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

"The Speaker plans to address her future plans tomorrow to her colleagues. Stay tuned,” spokesperson Drew Hammill said in a statement to ABC News on Wednesday.

It's not clear whether the 82-year-old speaker will make a floor speech or when, but a source told ABC News Congressional Correspondent Rachel Scott Pelosi took home two different versions of floor speeches Wednesday night.

Pelosi -- the first woman to hold House speakership -- is the Democratic Party's longest-serving House leader.

This past Sunday -- when a House majority had not yet been called -- Pelosi, when asked on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" if she would run for the role again should Democrats remain in control, would not say.

"I'm not -- right now, I've said I'm not making any comments until this election is finished, and we have a little more time to go," she said, noting that she had no plans to leave Congress.

Pelosi has said the attack on her husband Paul would impact her decision to stay in House leadership post-midterms. Prior to the attack, several members have a called for a younger generation of Democratic leadership. The top three Democrats in the House are all in their eighties.

I am glad to see her stepping down, but I don't know much about Jeffries other than the brief bios in the articles about Pelosi stepping down.

Right now is a really interesting time for the Dem minority leader. With a fractured and chaoic GOP only holding a majority by a couple seats, while we have a Democratic President and an edge in the Senate, any successful deal making could be huge. I hope he find success.

• Halal 2

Jeffries and two of his House Democrat allies on Wednesday rolled out the first slate of endorsements from Team Blue PAC, a political action committee intended to protect incumbents from intraparty attacks. The endorsements and their attendant $5,000 campaign contributions are the strongest demonstration of support yet from Jeffries and his allies — and serve as a warning shot to primary challengers seeking to unseat incumbents as Democrats fight to hold onto their fragile majorities.

“It’s important to support effective legislators for delivering for the American people in partnership with the Biden administration,” Jeffries says. “We want to support common-sense members who are delivering for their districts and helping advance the Democratic agenda to create jobs and cut costs for their constituents,” adds Rep. Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.), another Team Blue PAC co-founder.

The primary challengers and their allies see things differently — and think Jeffries and his allies should take a different tack in protecting their majority. “It is extremely alarming that critical resources from Democratic Party leadership are going to protect incumbents from having to face any competition in deep-blue districts instead of protecting the swing seats we’re in danger of losing in November,” says Waleed Shahid, the communications director of Justice Democrats, the left-wing group that supported Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and other successful progressives in their House primary runs.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/democratic-primaries-progressives-incumbents-hakeem-jeffries-1301186/