Treyarch bosses explain decision to drop single-player campaign from Black Ops 4

SaysWho?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-black-ops-4-doesnt-have-a-traditional-campaign/1100-6461777/

"Development is a journey," co studio head Dan Bunting said. "We try a lot of different ideas and a lot of different things. The game that we are making has evolved over time, and that's just a part of development. I can't remember a single game that we've made that hasn't had a dramatic change in the prototyping stage. That's what prototyping is for. You prototype ideas; some of them work out great, some of them don't work out great and you pivot. You find a new idea [and] focus on that. We follow the fun."

The other studio head, Vonderhaar, pointed out that Black Ops 4's battle royale mode, Blackout, also changed a lot during the development process. "It's normal," Vonderhaar said about how video games can change substantially and significantly in the development process.

Bunting added that Treyarch had a huge ambition for Black Ops 4 when development started. He stressed that the studio was always planning to have Black Ops 4--across all modes--being an entirely social experience. Vonderhaar went on to say that Black Ops 4 never had a campaign in the traditional sense. "It wasn't a campaign as people usually refer to it anyways," he said. "How can you say what happened to this thing that wasn't. It was a multiplayer game."

Played my first game of BR, wheee.  So the key to winning is apparently getting a sniper rifle.  Cuz that's how I died.  And everyone that died down the chain died that way.  I liked that the killcam would keep following whoever killed the person you were watching.  It is kinda fun and I'd be more into it, if I didn't have a potato GPU.  It was too abstract art for me.

I only play COD for the multiplayer so no single player campaign doesn’t bother me. (I say this every year when the new COD releases)

But I can see where it would be a bummer for those who do enjoy going through the SP campaign. You’d think for $60 they could include it.