Fitness & Nutrition

SuperSpreader

On 10/8/2022 at 12:24 AM, Remarkableriots said:

I've been trying to eat better compared to what i previously was eating because I'm diabetic. I still sometimes go out to eat like once or twice a week. I cut out sugary soda and candy.

different things I've been eating recently. Any suggestions?

I'm a fan of oatmeal for breakfast and sometimes lunch or dinner depending on my plans. 

Plan instant oats with cinnamon added along with some flax and chia seeds, toss in a banana on the side for a quick easy health breakfast.

If I want something more filling I'll use old fashioned oats soaked in 125 g of cashew or almond milk (plan no sugar added) along with 13-15g of PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and a serving of non fat Greek yogurt. After it sits for 4+ hours it's pretty thick and has a good amount of protein. Not sure how that works out being diabetic but I could do the regular oatmeal for breakfast and the "overnight oats" for lunch and then toss in a snack like hummus and some fresh veggies and maybe some soft cheese and be good until dinner.    

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Things I am thankful for - Starbucks being open at 7.30am on a Sunday and then having a toilet. 

Edit: rest of the run was decent - my phone said 4 and a bit miles, my heart says to knock a mile or so off that. 

I randomly went to Starbucks on Friday and they told me their location opens at 5 am to accommodate truckers. Those poor employees. :lol: 

I am now down 60lbs from May of this year. Nothing special, just staying really dedicated to the following:

* up at 4am each day to run a few miles

* Run is followed by 30 minute push-up/sit up/ lifting routine

* Total calorties per day, on rotation from 2000 to 1500 and back up again. 

* 7 hours of sleep a night with consistant sleeping period

20lbs to go and I'll be back at my historic "best weight" of 200lbs. Feeling good already though and have a lot more energy! :sun:

• Like 1
  • Halal 2

39 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I am now down 60lbs from May of this year. Nothing special, just staying really dedicated to the following:

* up at 4am each day to run a few miles

* Run is followed by 30 minute push-up/sit up/ lifting routine

* Total calorties per day, on rotation from 2000 to 1500 and back up again. 

* 7 hours of sleep a night with consistant sleeping period

20lbs to go and I'll be back at my historic "best weight" of 200lbs. Feeling good already though and have a lot more energy! :sun:

That is a commendable job to put in that work, discipline, and to set a goal. Getting up at 4am to run takes tremendous determination. Great job man. I know you're extremely busy with work and family. Then you manage time for your gaming which is remarkable. How tall are you?

I'm 6'3 and weigh 205lbs. I just don't eat much and that's how I maintain my weight. It's not healthy but I'm pleased with my weight. I get weighed every 2 weeks at my psychiatrist appointments. 

After my college basketball days I started to become an alcoholic and ate like a pig. I shot up to 264. :lol:

• Hugs 1

50 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That is a commendable job to put in that work, discipline, and to set a goal. Getting up at 4am to run takes tremendous determination. Great job man. I know you're extremely busy with work and family. Then you manage time for your gaming which is remarkable. How tall are you?

I'm 6'3 and weigh 205lbs. I just don't eat much and that's how I maintain my weight. It's not healthy but I'm pleased with my weight. I get weighed every 2 weeks at my psychiatrist appointments. 

After my college basketball days I started to become an alcoholic and ate like a pig. I shot up to 264. :lol:

Thanks Mr! I'm of similar height at 6' 2". Food control is like 70% of the battle. Unfortunately for me I am a Viking when it comes to eating. I definitely eat to compensate for a hard day. So its an eternal battle, though this year the tide is in my favor! Yeah, the family schedule is crazy, BUT I should point out that we aren't a sports or "be seen around town" family so compared to some my schedule is manageable. My neighbors are nuts and must constantly be going to an event or hosting one, which seems exhausting to me! :p We're always busy, but we are a closely knit family. We do a lot of activities together,  so it just works! :sun:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Played rugby today, all great but literally just before half time someone fell into my chest, heard a pretty unpleasant crack and I’m pretty sure I’ve fractured a rib. I’d rank it as my least favourite things to injure and chances are I won’t be right until after Christmas which sucks.

Well.. I sorta think my squat days are over. Twice now I've compressed a disc in my spine/neck. The first one I think was from jump squats. It went away completely, I was going to the gym less regular cause if my schedule, full strength. Then I was out of town and took two weeks off, went back, normal squats and I can barely move. Depends on how I am tomorrow I'll have to go back to PT I guess. I'm not sure, this is frustrating. @TUFKAK halp

I’ve not back squatted in years for this very reason. After my last disc injury I was done with various lifts.

leg presses are a great leg only substitute, if you really want that posterior chain activation there’s always zerchers. But note, they hurt.

• Halal 1