Xbox Presentation leak rumors / *spoilers* / fakes?

crispy4000

• crispy4000 changed the title to Xbox Presentation leak rumors / *spoilers* / fakes?
13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Ah, so I shouldn't even bother watching xbox show. Only two games I give a shit about. I mean, I'll still have it up but muted. 

There's a decent chance its a fake.  But as a line-up goes, it seems plausible.

The silliest thing on there is an Everwild update.  It'd be hilarious if we learn what that game actually is before Fable and Perfect Dark.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

There's a decent chance its a fake.  But as a line-up goes, it seems plausible.

The silliest thing on there is an Everwild update.  It'd be hilarious if we learn what that game actually is before Fable and Perfect Dark.

That was the thing on there that raised my eyebrows I am excited if it is true!

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

I feel like every Microsoft conference is about games that are coming out a long time from now. I feel like I hear about the same games every time. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

You feel correctly.

I think you both feel incorrectly or are mistaken. Generally as of late (although the pandemic has made things screwy) they have been announcing games that are closer to coming out than not.

In 2020 they showed off Halo Infinite. It was supposed to come out that year but was delayed to 2021 (as you know)

The Medium came out in January 2021

The Gunk was shown in 2020 and came out 2021

The outer worlds DLC

Balan Wonderworld

In 2021 they showed off Horza Horizon 5 that came out that year. They did not show Forza motorsports that was shown in 2020.

Psychonauts 2

Redfall which was supposed to be out by now but got delayed of course

Age of Empires IV that came out that year

as for the rest of both 2020 and 2021 shows there was very little shown in one show that was shown at the other show.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think you both feel incorrectly or are mistaken. Generally as of late (although the pandemic has made things screwy) they have been announcing games that are closer to coming out than not.

In 2020 they showed off Halo Infinite. It was supposed to come out that year but was delayed to 2021 (as you know)

The Medium came out in January 2021

The Gunk was shown in 2020 and came out 2021

The outer worlds DLC

Balan Wonderworld

In 2021 they showed off Horza Horizon 5 that came out that year. They did not show Forza motorsports that was shown in 2020.

Psychonauts 2

Redfall which was supposed to be out by now but got delayed of course

Age of Empires IV that came out that year

as for the rest of both 2020 and 2021 shows there was very little shown in one show that was shown at the other show.

I also feel like they announce a lot of forgettable games.

• Like 1

@Keyser_Soze It’s gotten better, surely.  But I want to see them get to a point where they don’t have push teaser trailers so much, especially for new IP.  Last year’s show was no exception.  

They’ve got the studios now, and hopefully, more gameplay demos this year.  I’d be cool with it if they spent this showcase doubling down on games releasing in the next 12 months.  And I think they will.

I think they release stuff that comes out, the problem is nothing they release is really that great or memorable. They don’t have that stream of one major AAA game leading into the next every 6-8 months like Sony does. 

I think all the money they’ve spent acquiring a bazillion studios just compounds it. When there’s not much to actually show for that. 

• Like 1

More leaky rumors from Mr. Tom I don't leak things I shut up Henderson

Spoiler

Spoiler

Taken from resetera

TOM IS NOT 100% SURE, IT'S A MIX OF RUMORS AND SOMETHING HE KNEW/SAW

1. A lot of "surprises"
  2. Don't expect Ubisoft presence
  3. Heard nothing about EA either
  4. Bethesda to have Redfall, Starfield and 2 announcements
  5. There's a company showing more games than Bethesda (SEGA? Bandai Namco?)
  6. No avowed being shown
  7. He has no info about Zenimax Online Studios
  8. Something Halo is being announced
  9. Kojima is going to be there, but no Overdose...some kind of partnership? Announcement?
  10. Starfield to have a sizeable demo
  11. 20-30 games to be there
  12. Small and big IP revivals

22 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I just realized that Tom Henderson was the guy who leaked Kojima’s game. Some double standard, lol.

Very different. A new kojima game is huge news in the industry. Xbox's lineup  of games we've known about for years isn't anywhere near the same level.  I'd hardly call it a double standard, the conference just isnt breaking news worthy like Overdose is. If there was something exciting we didn't know about in the show, you better believe there would be article, but it's hard to get more exciting than "New Kojima Horror Game" in this industry. At least, thats how I feel about it. 

11 hours ago, best3444 said:

Great news about Starfield getting some coverage. The game will be amazing I just know it.

Glad you do. I don't at all.

It's been a long time since they released a game that wasn't a broken mess. With all the rumors about how the flight is terrible and the game being a mess, I have no faith in this game, and won't until its released and proves me wrong. And it has to have much better control and aiming than their previous games as well. I love fallout, but the gameplay isn't great. I feel the same about Skyrim (which I also have a grudge against for the PS3 issues that Bethesda never bothered to fix).

I want to believe it will be great, but they've given me no reason for that belief. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Here's what I want to see:

Shooters

Platformers

Racing

RPGs

Cute Indie puzzlers

Adventure games

Rythm games

Same. Though I could be turned on by a great platformer, or Zelda-like adventure game. 

I definitely feel like those are the genres that MS is really missing in their lineup. Give us some Banjo, or some other 3d platformer, a couple of JRPG's would be nice. And some 3rd person action single player games. Xbox has nothing like TLoU or GoW either. Lots or horror, lots of shooters, but theres definitely a gap in their content.

• Halal 1

59 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Very different. A new kojima game is huge news in the industry. Xbox's lineup  of games we've known about for years isn't anywhere near the same level.  I'd hardly call it a double standard, the conference just isnt breaking news worthy like Overdose is. If there was something exciting we didn't know about in the show, you better believe there would be article, but it's hard to get more exciting than "New Kojima Horror Game" in this industry. At least, thats how I feel about it. 

Kojima’s horror game is rumored to be there.  If it is, he already ruined that surprise part of the conference while saying he’s got too much integrity to leak others.  But here’s some nuggets anyways, lol.  It’s blissfully self-unaware.

Regardless, he sassed back to Kojima about spilling the beans.  You don’t get to get on your high horse about leaks again after that.

12 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Kojima’s horror game is rumored to be there.  If it is, he already ruined that surprise part of the conference while saying he’s got too much integrity to leak others.  But here’s some nuggets anyways, lol.  It’s blissfully self-unaware.

Regardless, he sassed back to Kojima about spilling the beans.  You don’t get to get on your high horse about leaks again after that.

Thats just nonsense, period. He's a journalist, his job is to report news, not please devs. 

Pretending a lineup of a show full of games we've all seen, and a new kojima game are equal on the news scale is disengenous. 

There is no high horse, he's doing his job, reporting on the industry. The lineup isn't really news. Overdose is. 

Ill never understand people who get upset about leaks.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Thats just nonsense, period. He's a journalist, his job is to report news, not please devs. 

Pretending a lineup of a show full of games we've all seen, and a new kojima game are equal on the news scale is disengenous. 

There is no high horse, he's doing his job, reporting on the industry. The lineup isn't really news. Overdose is. 

Ill never understand people who get upset about leaks.

I’m not upset about the leaks, quite the contrary.  Who made this thread?  It’s part of the E3 drama.

He should just “report” it all, including the surprises he alludes to.  Like you say, he owes the devs nothing, right?  Microsoft is owed no more courtesy.  He’s already said enough to piss them off too.  Lean in.

16 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

More leaky rumors from Mr. Tom I don't leak things I shut up Henderson

Hide contents

Hide contents

Taken from resetera

TOM IS NOT 100% SURE, IT'S A MIX OF RUMORS AND SOMETHING HE KNEW/SAW

1. A lot of "surprises"
  2. Don't expect Ubisoft presence
  3. Heard nothing about EA either
  4. Bethesda to have Redfall, Starfield and 2 announcements
  5. There's a company showing more games than Bethesda (SEGA? Bandai Namco?)
  6. No avowed being shown
  7. He has no info about Zenimax Online Studios
  8. Something Halo is being announced
  9. Kojima is going to be there, but no Overdose...some kind of partnership? Announcement?
  10. Starfield to have a sizeable demo
  11. 20-30 games to be there
  12. Small and big IP revivals

no Ubi or EA seems positive 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Glad you do. I don't at all.

It's been a long time since they released a game that wasn't a broken mess. With all the rumors about how the flight is terrible and the game being a mess, I have no faith in this game, and won't until its released and proves me wrong. And it has to have much better control and aiming than their previous games as well. I love fallout, but the gameplay isn't great. I feel the same about Skyrim (which I also have a grudge against for the PS3 issues that Bethesda never bothered to fix).

I want to believe it will be great, but they've given me no reason for that belief. 

I haven't read a thing on Starfield so if there is flight issues and the game being a "mess" that's terrible news. Where did you read that? I only know it got delayed and that they are putting the final touches on it. 

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I haven't read a thing on Starfield so if there is flight issues and the game being a "mess" that's terrible news. Where did you read that? I only know it got delayed and that they are putting the final touches on it. 

Starfield-Leaks-From-Bethesda-Dev-Detail
SCREENRANT.COM

Starfield leaks from a dev detailed its state.

it was reported on quite a bit. 

Im not sure I believe this makes first half of '23.

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Same. Though I could be turned on by a great platformer, or Zelda-like adventure game. 

I definitely feel like those are the genres that MS is really missing in their lineup. Give us some Banjo, or some other 3d platformer, a couple of JRPG's would be nice. And some 3rd person action single player games. Xbox has nothing like TLoU or GoW either. Lots or horror, lots of shooters, but theres definitely a gap in their content.

Isn’t there an Indiana Jones game in development at Bethesda?

Banjo rumors are swirling around.

42 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Isn’t there an Indiana Jones game in development at Bethesda?

Banjo rumors are swirling around.

Indiana is confirmed, but no word on what kind of game. I desperately hope its 3rd person adventure. Would any other genre even make sense?