RE2/3/7 getting next gen versions, free upgrades

SaysWho?

MASSIVE Resident Evil fan here since DAY ONE! Playing it on the ps1, lights dimmed as far as they would go, just so many memories. Few games hold that kinda nostalgia feeling for really! Most of my most favorite ever cam out on the OG PSX, and the Super Nintendo!

Final Fantasy 7, Destruction Derby, Gran Turismo, Tekken 3, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, and Wipeout 20 {something?} all were just awesome! RE1 & 2 though are up there with actually RE2 being by favorite game of all-time. I loved the first, but 2 was just so polished, way bigger and true to it's predecessor a 10/10 Imho.

Nostalgia wise RE 1&2 were Perfect games as they were, so when the remakes were announced I was horrified to tell the truth! After their releases I was blown away yet again! They really did make them pop and shine like they never did, and I loved them so much but for different reasons this time. They play very differently though, and there two totally different games meaning 1 & 1R should be reviewed as 2 separate & totally different games same with 2 & 2R. My opinion though, if it's not your that's fine too. RE3 Nemesis was just ok, it was shorted buy quite a lot and played totally differently than the first 2 did.  

Such a shame we haven't heard anything about RE: Code veronica right? Easily the 5th best "AGAIN!" my opinion if picking from what's been released. Resident Evil is My favorite franchise ever and I order them like this: (1) OG RE2, (2) RE2: Remake, (3) OG RE1 (4) RE: Code Veronica, (5) RE1: remake, (6) RE4, (7) RE7,  (8) OG RE3 (9) RE3: Remake & (10) RE 6

Felt RE6 had to be on the list, but Resident Evil 6 was a shit show, and being A HUGE "self proclaimed Super RE FAN", I bought it day one and my god it was horrible, just so bad. What a turnaround they had with RE7 though. Resident Evil desperately needed a fresh start and REALLY came through. I'm SUPER excited to See/Read/Watch/Play where the RE franchise is headed . I feel that game is fantastic a 8/10

2 hours ago, HardAct said:

MASSIVE Resident Evil fan here since DAY ONE! Playing it on the ps1, lights dimmed as far as they would go, just so many memories. Few games hold that kinda nostalgia feeling for really! Most of my most favorite ever cam out on the OG PSX, and the Super Nintendo!

Final Fantasy 7, Destruction Derby, Gran Turismo, Tony Hawk 2, Tekken 3, Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, and Wipeout 20 {something?} all were just awesome! RE1 & 2 though are up there with actually RE2 being by favorite game of all-time. I loved the first, but 2 was just so polished, way bigger and true to it's predecessor a 10/10 Imho.

Nostalgia wise RE 1&2 were Perfect games as they were, so when the remakes were announced I was horrified to tell the truth! After their releases I was blown away yet again! They really did make them pop and shine like they never did, and I loved them so much but for different reasons this time. They play very differently though, and there two totally different games meaning 1 & 1R should be reviewed as 2 seperate & totally different games same with 2 & 2R. My opinion though, if it's not your that's fine too. RE3 Nemesis was just ok, it was shorted buy quite a lot and played totally differently than the first 2 did.  

Such a shame we haven't heard anything about RE: Code veronica right? Easily the 5th best "AGAIN!" my opinion if picking from what's been released. Resident Evil is My favorite franchise ever and I order them like this: (1) OG RE2, (2) RE2: Remake, (3) OG RE1 (4) RE: Code Veronica, (5) RE1: remake, (6) RE4, (7) RE7,  (8) OG RE3 (9) RE3: Remake & (10) RE 6

Felt RE6 had to be on the list, but Resident Evil 6 was a shit show, and being A HUGE "self proclaimed Super RE FAN", I bought it day one and my god it was horrible, just so bad. What a turnaround they had with RE7 though. Resident Evil desperately needed a fresh start and REALLY came through. I'm SUPER excited to See/Read/Watch/Play where the RE franchise is headed . I feel that game is fantastic a 8/10

I want to play RE7 but I have no interest in the type of horror they based it on. 

Oo snap I need to replay RE2/3 on the Neo. Haven't played the PS1 versiond in ages. Also need 5o beat CV , RE0, and RE1make. Didnt really like 5 and 6.

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

I want to play RE7 but I have no interest in the type of horror they based it on. 

Oo snap I need to replay RE2/3 on the Neo. Haven't played the PS1 versiond in ages. Also need 5o beat CV , RE0, and RE1make. Didnt really like 5 and 6.

7 is the scariest game in the series and it’s not particularly close.

I can say, as a pretty big Resident Evil fan since 1998, that nobody in this day and age needs to go back and play Code Veronica. Especially if you played it back on the Dreamcast and have fond memories of it. I recently replayed it and that game did not age well. At all. I would even argue that it's the worst in the series, even counting the PS1 versions of the originals (We don't talk about RE6).

That's not to say I didn't like CV, but damn. Out of all the games in the series that need a remake, Code Veronica is the first one they should've worked on. 

That said, I'm pretty hyped for these updates. I was planning on replaying through them but I think I'll just wait now.

17 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

7 is the scariest game in the series and it’s not particularly close.

I THOUGHT IT PLAYED MORE LIKE A SOULS GAME {Not difficulty wise!}. It was very good sure but it's just not the same type game, Obviously we've moved on for what was RE 1&2, and even 3 but to be that's what made them so tense. OG RE1 was very creepy, we had seen NOTHING like that in a game, at least I hadn't. Being a Horror fan/nut, the first 2 games we just my cup of tea!! I totally forgot RE: Zero. I did like that one too, it was also quite short like RE3 but still had the OG charm, but not story. RE2 and RE: Code veronica were the best stories followed up by 7. I played through 7 3 times, really, really loved it. It's not up there in my list like 2 is that's all. RE2 and the remake are my favorites, just an opinion. Also I may have gotten carried away buy my PSX gaming nostalgia. Not sure all those were on the first PS!

7 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I THOUGHT IT PLAYED MORE LIKE A SOULS GAME {Not difficulty wise!}. It was very good sure but it's just not the same type game, Obviously we've moved on for what was RE 1&2, and even 3 but to be that's what made them so tense. OG RE1 was very creepy, we had seen NOTHING like that in a game, at least I hadn't. Being a Horror fan/nut, the first 2 games we just my cup of tea!! I totally forgot RE: Zero. I did like that one too, it was also quite short like RE3 but still had the OG charm, but not story. RE2 and RE: Code veronica were the best stories followed up by 7. I played through 7 3 times, really, really loved it. It's not up there in my list like 2 is that's all. RE2 and the remake are my favorites, just an opinion. Also I may have gotten carried away buy my PSX gaming nostalgia. Not sure all those were on the first PS!

I prefer the older games, tank controls and all. I just think 7 is the scariest one without question. 

My daughter bought RE3 remake or I wouldn't have played it. Even being a HUGE RE fan I was good with the 3 or so times I played RE3 back in the day. I beat it, It's not any better or worse for it other than the visual upgrades. Only game in the series I do not own is 3 and 5 and 6, I actually don't own OG 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 because Of that damn Camp fire. I do own the remakes of 1 & 2, and I own the deluxe version of 7. Hurt losing your entire everything in one REALLY FUCKED UP DAY. Games were/are our least worries obviously, but still really hurt. I'm a digital game buyer from now on.

18 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Oo snap I need to replay RE2/3 on the Neo. Haven't played the PS1 version  in ages. Also need 5o beat CV , RE0, and RE1make. Didnt really like 5 and 6.

RE5 wasn't bad really if you look at is not a sequel. Only game I played in co-op once too and did have fun. Not great but was entertaining non-the-less. 6 though was a complete derailment from the series and as a game too. It was just horrible, I did not beat that game. Only one in the entire series that I didn't finish, a huge disappointment. They really bounced back with 7, that goodness!

On 3/3/2022 at 10:11 AM, HardAct said:

RE5 wasn't bad really if you look at is not a sequel. Only game I played in co-op once too and did have fun. Not great but was entertaining non-the-less. 6 though was a complete derailment from the series and as a game too. It was just horrible, I did not beat that game. Only one in the entire series that I didn't finish, a huge disappointment. They really bounced back with 7, that goodness!

A friend and I did RE5 co-op and no matter what we did we just could not beat the final boss. Looked up strategy guides and everything. We also tried letting the AI control the second player and it just immediately shot off all its ammo and then ran around on the cliff waving the stun baton around, not sure how you were supposed to finish it with the AI as your second player. :lol:

10 hours ago, Jason said:

A friend and I did RE5 co-op and no matter what we did we just could not beat the final boss. Looked up strategy guides and everything. We also tried letting the AI control the second player and it just immediately shot off all its ammo and then ran around on the cliff waving the stun baton around, not sure how you were supposed to finish it with the AI as your second player. :lol:

Can confirm, play on easy, punch boulders 

I always heard the RE 5 “isn’t bad it just isn’t a resident evil game” refrain, and I do not buy it. I played the entire game through with a buddy. I find it a bad single player game, a bad coop game, however you want to slice it. In fact the only enjoyment I actually got out of the game was laughing at how bad it was. 

I will never touch 6 but I just found the oh wow how did 6 happen when 5 was sitting right there as glaring evidence they had the wrong people running the show a little hard to believe. 

RE 5 sucks. 

• Sad 1