Meat Loaf dies at 74.

Jason

20 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In case you're wondering, it appears to have been COVID-19.

Doesn’t surprise me, and wouldn’t be all surprised if he was an anti-vaxer too. He was big into Trumpism and wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what helped do him in.

I did get a chance to see him live in Toronto probably 10-12 years ago. Great at telling stories but sadly his vocals weren’t the rock opera strength I was hoping for. Funny enough, we were just talking about Meatloaf’s music at work just a few nights ago. Someone had seen the stage production of Bat out of Hell and got the ball running. Plus he was the best safety sex word. Why? Because I would do anything for love, but(t) I won’t do that. 

• Haha 1

Man, Bat Out of Hell 1 and 2 were some of my most listened to albums in the 90's. 

I remember when they did the VH1 Behind the Music special on Meat Loaf they marveled at his resurgence with Back into Hell by saying it was weird to see it top the charts when it did. Surrounded by Grunge, Alternative, Metal, and Industrial albums that were big at the time. And that was totally me. I was big into all that 90's stuff at the time, but one exception was those two albums. 

Sadly, not too surprising. Meat Loaf has been one of those celebrities for a while that you just had to accept was a crazy right winger.....

7 hours ago, silentbob said:

Found on TheChive. Too soon?!?

spacer.png

image.jpg
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

Weber picked the wrong day to suggest grilling meatloaf. The outdoor grill maker apologized on Friday for sending a recipe-of-the-week email earlier that day featuring instructions on how to...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1