Nvidia Special Broadcast Event on Tuesday, January 4th at 8am PST for some exciting news in the world of gaming

Brian

49 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Ti cards were always about gaming, you’re maybe thinking of Titan cards?

Yeah total brain fart lol I meant more how the 3090 was supposed to be the new titan so this would be a new titan line, but I guess the point of the rebrand is to make it more about gaming.

Let's be real, this announcement will about the 3090Ti, which will have no stock and also little to no reason to exist. It will be a tightly binned version of the current 3090 with faster RAM. They will focus on how much greater the bandwidth of this card will be when the real world benefit for gaming will be modest at best. This is an event tailored to their share holders. Can't wait to see Leather jacket man's kitchen once more!  :sun:

51 minutes ago, legend said:

I wish for 4xxx, but I expect something boring.

I got a message about it from geforce now specifically so I’m thinking it might be something REALLY lame like just a more official release of the 3080 tier or the option to do it monthly.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Don't you want that extra 5% in performance for $2k?

:lol: Its VERY tempting right? But seriously, everything out now runs amazing on the current 3090 and this product won't make the few games that run poorly, run any better. I guess I'll be going another year with the 3090. 

18 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

All I want is a card that can run VR games well, without having to sell a kidney to a scalper. 

AMD.com has drops Thursday mornings.

Edit: ok I lust after the Aya Neo next. If it has an OLED it would be epic.

Kind of ironically its Nvidia themselves with DLSS that provided and spearheaded the type of technology that allows me to care less about a $2000 card that is what now 15% better than a 3080? But to me it used to be all about hard numbers, you needed 1080p/60 and then 4k/60 and if you can’t hit those numbers you can’t hit those numbers so 15% can make or break you. 

Now it’s all more fluid, you have games where you are just choosing a different dlss setting, or using fsr ultra, or it’s using tauu and scale native down to 1800p, or whatever. And with vrr now common place on top of that you don’t need to ALWAYS hit that 60 or maybe you actually tone down the iq and go for 120, or you go half way and get a nice hover of 80-90.

With image reconstruction and vrr it just seems there are so many different ways to present your games in fantastic shape on pc now iq/performance wise that 15% now doesn’t seem like it would mean as much on screen. It’s a change in at least how I perceive things that is actually more relaxed and I’ve enjoyed it.

That said I’ll evga wait list this in case the timing for my number coming up coincides with my settlement!

13 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Gotcha. And Deck won’t have it due to being AMD. 

Yeah unfortunately since it’s AMD you don’t get that benefit on the steam deck. We will have fsr, but it’s not nearly as good and by nature of its design will never be as good. It could help some on deck, especially as they improve it, but from what I understand lower resolution scaling is what it’s worst at, so that isn’t great with the 720p target.