Govee Immersion LED Strips - anyone use these?

Spork3245

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09J4PPFK2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_NX929EH6APGG3EXTKHZB

I usually use LED strips on the back of my TVs and just keep it at 65k white to help with eye strain (also noticed it improves the appearance of contrast and colors, IMO). 
Ran across this and it seems neat. Trying to justify the extra $80-90 over normal LED strips :thinking:

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I have this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYZNELB/

And I just velcro'd it to a yard stick and put it behind my TV

Yea, that’s basically what I’ve been using. The one I linked is different; it changes zone colors based on what is displayed on the screen, as if what’s on the TV is “flowing” out of it.

I had a Dreamscreen back in the day and then when I went to change over to 4k tv I found out the company went out of business. Their take on this concept still look far superior over what I see out there now, sadly.  It just used an HDMI splitter to feed a box the a signal that gave the lights a direct feed to what was on the screen. No camera or other bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09J4PPFK2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_NX929EH6APGG3EXTKHZB

I usually use LED strips on the back of my TVs and just keep it at 65k white to help with eye strain (also noticed it improves the appearance of contrast and colors, IMO). 
Ran across this and it seems neat. Trying to justify the extra $80-90 over normal LED strips :thinking:

Hmm the 55"-65" has a $20 coupon. Damn Spork might have me spending money now.  I really like it, just not sure how I feel about the camera sticking out. 

2 hours ago, Littleronin said:

I had a Dreamscreen back in the day and then when I went to change over to 4k tv I found out the company went out of business. Their take on this concept still look far superior over what I see out there now, sadly.  It just used an HDMI splitter to feed a box the a signal that gave the lights a direct feed to what was on the screen. No camera or other bullshit. 

There’s a couple that use HDMI splitters still, however, they’re limited to HDMI 2.0 (4k 60hz), and if you’re using an app on your TV, you’re out of luck. The camera seems to be the “solution”.

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Hmm the 55"-65" has a $20 coupon. Damn Spork might have me spending money now.  I really like it, just not sure how I feel about the camera sticking out. 

Yea, the 55-65 would be a no brainer for me, as with the coupon it’s not insanely more than the static light strips I was looking at.

Here’s a review I found: 

Also one comparing it with the Philips version (that’s 3x as much): 

33 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

There’s a couple that use HDMI splitters still, however, they’re limited to HDMI 2.0 (4k 60hz), and if you’re using an app on your TV, you’re out of luck. The camera seems to be the “solution”.

What i did with my DreamScreen is use a HDMI 2.1 splitter to be able to keep using it at 4k120. Works great.

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I also ended up buying it earlier this afternoon. After reading the one review I'll make sure to be careful with those orange block things that stick to the screen for calibration. One or two mentioned they were hard to get off and one person literally broke their TV screen lol. 

i wonder if it would be fine to just put the orange things on sticky notes and then put those on the tv 

7 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I also ended up buying it earlier this afternoon. After reading the one review I'll make sure to be careful with those orange block things that stick to the screen for calibration. One or two mentioned they were hard to get off and one person literally broke their TV screen lol. 

Which review did you read? The video I linked didn’t show orange things, it just uses the app + camera and you calibrate the boarder of your TV via the view of the camera. Maybe older versions were different :confused: 

I think the video is broken into chapters so it should be easy to skip right to set-up

EDIT: oh, I see the orange things in the Amazon pics. They weren’t used in the video review, though, I don’t think :thinking:

EDIT 2: on the 65” version there aren’t any of those orange things in the Amazon pics, just in the 75-85” version. I wonder if the 65” version was updated? https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08LVPWQQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_D694PJM8MN0R570D6WN8 

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Which review did you read? The video I linked didn’t show orange things, it just uses the app + camera and you calibrate the boarder of your TV via the view of the camera. Maybe older versions were different :confused: 

I think the video is broken into chapters so it should be easy to skip right to set-up

EDIT: oh, I see the orange things in the Amazon pics. They weren’t used in the video review, though, I don’t think :thinking:

EDIT 2: on the 65” version there aren’t any of those orange things in the Amazon pics, just in the 75-85” version. I wonder if the 65” version was updated? https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08LVPWQQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_D694PJM8MN0R570D6WN8 

US.GOVEE.COM

Extend your gaming universe beyond the four corners of your screen with these LED strip lights for your 55-75 inch TV. Enhance your gaming experience now!

OKAY! So, @DarkStar189, directly on their website, there’s no orange things in the pics for either version. I’m guessing that those things are no longer needed after updates, OR, those were for an older version. I rewatched to the calibration (app setup) part of the review I posted and he didn’t use anything besides the app and camera to set the boarders and calibrate (there’s also none of those pads in the unboxing).

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

US.GOVEE.COM

Extend your gaming universe beyond the four corners of your screen with these LED strip lights for your 55-75 inch TV. Enhance your gaming experience now!

OKAY! So, @DarkStar189, directly on their website, there’s no orange things in the pics for either version. I’m guessing that those things are no longer needed after updates, OR, those were for an older version. I rewatched to the calibration (app setup) part of the review I posted and he didn’t use anything besides the app and camera to set the boarders and calibrate (there’s also none of those pads in the unboxing).

Sounds good, easier the bettter. 

3 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Sounds good, easier the bettter. 

I just called their customer service. The CS agent I spoke with said that the stickers still come with it, but you do not have to use them. If you use them, the camera will auto-calibrate to where the stickers are - if you don't use them, you can drag to the edges manually via the phone app.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Sounds a lot better than sticking blocks to the screen. Did you see that pic on Amazon of the person that broke their tv screen? I mean there's a chance the person just did something dumb, but I'll gladly not bother using them. 

I did not, but my guess is that they didn't follow the directions I read on the Govee website and "pushed" on the tabs to stick them on instead of just "lightly" (per the instructions; it literally says "do not press")

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Guys, if you bought one and it's arriving soon, let me know how you like it - I just ordered mine, but I won't be installing it until my new TV arrives, which is probably late next week or the week after :( 

My order just says "Order Received" right now. No mention of a date yet. 

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You should get this. Would look great behind that TV stand. 

My next big purchases are a PS5 and a new TV stand. I know it doesn't look nice but it has extreme sentimental value that I'm not in a rush to replace it. When I game it's dark and I only see my TV anyway.