Govee Immersion LED Strips - anyone use these?

Spork3245

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

My next big purchases are a PS5 and a new TV stand. I know it doesn't look nice but it has extreme sentimental value that I'm not in a rush to replace it. When I game it's dark and I only see my TV anyway. 

I know, I'm just busting your balls

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Guys, if you bought one and it's arriving soon, let me know how you like it - I just ordered mine, but I won't be installing it until my new TV arrives, which is probably late next week or the week after :( 

mine says arriving on the 21st-28th 

@Spork3245@SimpleG@DarkStar189 i got mine and set it up 

set up was pretty easy. i suppose depending on the length of your tv laying the led strip could be annoying. the orange blocks they use you really just want to barely put them on. i could see how if you applied pressure you would fuck up your tv. i didn’t have any problem though. 

i took a video of it after i calibrated it. i’m happy with it. and there are a lot of things to play around with on the app. i have the camera below the TV. i might switch it to the top to see if i like that better. the youtube video says copyright claim so idk if you’ll be able to see it but just ignore the cables and stuff lol 

Spoiler

i will also say the colors are more vibrant than they look in the vids and pics i’ve took 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I pulled the tv off the wall last night and put them on. I really like it. I didn't use the orange blocks at all with the calibration. I temporarily taped the camera to the top of the tv and it worked good but I think I want to try installing it on the bottom. The tv is too thin on top, barely any of the 3M tape is going to hold it there. Worked well enough to try it out though and i was impressed. The camera does a great job, doesn't feel like much lag at all. I skipped through parts of the Angelina Jolie movie "Those Who Wish Me Dead" on HBO. One scene they are running through a field trying not to get struck by lightning. Every time the lightning flashed, the leds flashed perfect with the lightning on screen even in that split moment. Instead of "surround sound", it felt like surround lighting for the TV haha. 

• Like 2