I just learned my sister's middle name

Fizzzzle

No, she wasn't just born. She's about 15 years older than me, as a matter of fact. She's actually the one who named me, ironically.

I know all of my other siblings middle names. It never occurred to me that I didn't know her middle name. I guess it just never came up? I was going over some forms and her middle name popped up on one and I went "... huh." In my 31 years on this planet, all of which she has existed for, her middle name has somehow never come up.

Not knowing someone's middle name isn't exactly uncommon. I couldn't tell you my ex's middle name and we were together for 4 years (I'm sure I did know it at some point), but I have literally known my sister my whole life.

I know the middle names of at least two of her children.

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Sure, YOU now know, but thanks to your carefully written narrative it remains a mystery to most of the world!  :nottalking:

Her middle name is Dean. I think it's one of those things where her grandfather didn't have a male heir so they named her middle name after him? I never met him, but he sounds like he'd be a Dean.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Also aren't you an only child? Why do I know that, if that's the case? This board can't be doing good things to my brain.

One younger brother.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I can remember where @Jasonwent to college and @Rachel's bench warrant in Washington but I can't remember my own sister's middle name

Stalker. :s

1 minute ago, Rachel said:

Damn how narcissistic is your dad lol

Going to Disney World was about him, not us. It rained at one point and none of the rides were operating and people were taking shelter under various things. There was a small group of people, maybe 10, with us waiting out the rain.  Well, my brother and I didn't let a little or rain stop our fun. 

Until he started screaming and yelling at us in front of everyone basically telling us to stop having fun and sit here and be bored. The fucking looks on the other people's faces... 

He also basically forced to do everything he wanted to do and at a pace far too fast for children. My brother ended up getting sick because of that. It caused him to throw up  in a restaurant, before any food was served. My dad got mad at my brother for being sick, because of his own rushed pace, while we were on a fucking vacation to Disney World. 

My middle name is Kirk, which is the nickname my grandmother called my grandfather, as his last name was Kirklin.

Juanita didn’t have a middle name because she was named after her mother so her mother could have a legit US social security card, and middle names aren’t as common in Mexico.

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

My middle name is Kirk, which is the nickname my grandmother called my grandfather, as his last name was Kirklin.

Juanita didn’t have a middle name because she was named after her mother so her mother could have a legit US social security card, and middle names aren’t as common in Mexico.

Middle names are common, they are written differently.

It's: Name, Father's Name, Mother's Name.

In that order and your father's name is your last name. Which is really confusing to Americans because they would therefore make your mother's name the last name. 

So the parents are 

Fernando Hernández

Zenaida Gómez 

The kid is:

Eduardo Hernández Gómez

Very old school the wife's name would change to Zenaida Gomez de Hernández.

I remember a friend from high school got married and her husband wanted her to change her name because his family was "traditionalist" I was like what Tradition? American tradition because Mexicans don't do that. (They were Mexican)

6 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Middle names are common, they are written differently. It's: Name, Father's Name, Mother's Name. In that order and your father's name is your last name. Which is really confusing to Americans because they would therefore make your mother's name the last name. 

So the parents are 

Fernando Hernández

Zenaida Gómez 

The kid is:

Eduardo Hernández Gómez

Very old school the wife's name would change to Zenaida Gomez de Hernández

Nice to meet you Eduardo.

• Haha 1