Kellogg permanently replacing 1,400 union workers after they reject newest contract offer

HAALYZ2G3READEIUKVJU5S2UDM.JPG
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Kellogg Co said on Tuesday a majority of its U.S. cereal plant workers have voted against a new five-year contract, forcing it to hire permanent replacements as employees extend a strike that started more than two months ago.

Dec 7 (Reuters) - Kellogg Co (K.N) said on Tuesday a majority of its U.S. cereal plant workers have voted against a new five-year contract, forcing it to hire permanent replacements as employees extend a strike that started more than two months ago.

Kellogg also said there was no further bargaining scheduled and it had no plans to meet with the union.

Apparently Kellogg was offered a 3% raise and the union rejected it, along with the company creating a two-tiered system of employees that would have diluted the power of the union.

Looks like I have another company to boycott!

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m eating some Raisin Bran Crunch.

I generally just can’t get into boycotts. 

Yeah, unless you're only buying fresh/local, you're pretty much boned in terms of supporting evil corporations. I'd say shop at whole foods, but even by doing that you're supporting Amazon.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Yeah, unless you're only buying fresh/local, you're pretty much boned in terms of supporting evil corporations. I'd say shop at whole foods, but even by doing that you're supporting Amazon.

Whole Foods is too goddamn expensive anyway. I stop in an get a  couple  things on occasion, but I wouldn't do all my shopping there.

47 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Whole Foods is too goddamn expensive anyway. I stop in an get a  couple  things on occasion, but I wouldn't do all my shopping there.

Tbh it's pretty overblown how expensive it is, as long as you're not dumb enough to buy stuff like cleaning supplies there it's fine. 

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism. Having said that I will avoid Kellgoogs to the best of my ability.

• 3 weeks later...